Kawi2strokes.com Forum

Enthusiasts from around the world dedicated to the preservation and ritual flogging of the infamous Kawasaki 2-stroke Triples
It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 4:27 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 4:37 pm 

"So, I used a full set of Heavy Barnett springs in this bike and HOLY CRAP what a pain...even with a ball-bearing pusher and extremely well lubed cable, its just BRUTAL on my left wrist in city traffic."

A BB pusher will only give protection from welding the push rods, (nothing to lessen lever effort).

I run a similar H1 engine spec to what you refer. I use a Sytec release,BB pusher,Vesrah plares (no wavies) SK401 (KZ1000 springs) and a dog legged clutch lever. There is no slippage and only slight drag with the clutch released. The lever pull is acceptable.. I have run the Kaw BB release in the past and it is close to effort of the sytec.

J

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 4:44 pm 

kawracer wrote:
Use the 30mm carbs. The only reason for 34s is to brag that you have 34s.

:lol: :lol: I have 34's... :e11 nanny nanny boo boo :e11 ...

Thats what came (recommended) with the Denco "kit", so thats what I went with. Makes sense though. Since this is the Roadrace porting, Top End power was probably more of a focus than pulling away crisply from a stop light....and 34's do breath better wide open.

30's are going on it... who knows? I might have time to play with it before the snow flies?....(yeah right)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 4:51 pm 

Looney Cylinders wrote:
"So, I used a full set of Heavy Barnett springs in this bike and HOLY CRAP what a pain...even with a ball-bearing pusher and extremely well lubed cable, its just BRUTAL on my left wrist in city traffic."

A BB pusher will only give protection from welding the push rods, (nothing to lessen lever effort).

I run a similar H1 engine spec to what you refer. I use a Sytec release,BB pusher,Vesrah plares (no wavies) SK401 (KZ1000 springs) and a dog legged clutch lever. There is no slippage and only slight drag with the clutch released. The lever pull is acceptable.. I have run the Kaw BB release in the past and it is close to effort of the sytec.

J

J, By "pusher", I actually meant the Kawasaki Ball Bearing "release".
Bike still has the solid-steel-clutch-rod-welding-mushroom-headed-stock-pusher in it..

I do have an extra Sytec, but was saving it for a "serious" hotrod engine. I figured the BB release would do the job on basically a stock H1 with Barnetts.. These are some HEAVY springs though, and more than likely OVERKILL for a measely 75hp (which Im sure is actually about 60-odd rear wheel).

The 100HP H2 has a set of Gast (super heavy) drag springs since barnetts wouldn't hold it... sytec cable, sytec release, Chris Ritchie BB Pusher, and dog leg lever... The thing feels hydraulic and is an EASY two finger pull.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 1:58 pm 

If you grind down the stock plates ffrom 1.6 mm to 1.3 mm, you will be able to add add a set of plates.
This will give clutch 15% more torque capacity compared to stock.
Modern friction plates will add another 5%
You can then use stock springs with near stock pull.
On top of all that, you could get a springset from Larry Smith.
Those are just slightly heavier than stock, but feature a good trick and get about 10% more power out of the clutch.
My guess is this will do the trick for you.

VM34's work great on H1. After all, there were developed for the RD, which has the same cylinder capacity as H1!
Them flow enhancers will help make the engine more responsive at smaller throttle openings. Much like flatslides!