Kawi2strokes.com Forum

Enthusiasts from around the world dedicated to the preservation and ritual flogging of the infamous Kawasaki 2-stroke Triples
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:56 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 11:15 am 

Any idea who I could use to ship my bike from Ventura CA to Phoenix and roughly how much?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 1:46 pm 

Using uship.com, I found an "independant" guy who is based out of Seattle, but happened to be traveling through AZ, NV, and CA on his way back to Seattle. I can't recall the exact cost offhand, but it was in the $300 range to have my 75 H2 picked up in Chandler AZ and delivered to my driveway in Sacramento CA. Try out the website but use the exact p/u and destination zip codes to obtain accurate delivery estimates from bids. And, check your pm too.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:59 pm 

have used u-ship to ship and receive bikes, a very good service has been my experiance

73 KAWASAKI H1 (Sold).
82 YAMAHA RD350LC
2000 KAWI KDX200H
2001 Triumph TT600

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:10 am 

two-stroke-brit wrote:
have used u-ship to ship and receive bikes, a very good service has been my experiance

just be careful, I have personally witnessed the "carnage" that can ensue if using a "cheap" carrier from U-ship

DO YOUR HOMEWORK before accepting a bid. Cheapest doesn't mean the bestest. If you are just shipping a junk/parts bike, then by all means...go cheap, but if you want the thing to arrive in the same condition as it left, spend an extra few bux on the front end rather than an $800.00 paint job and $500.00 in rechrome on the back.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:15 am 

scrambler73 wrote:
two-stroke-brit wrote:

just be careful, I have personally witnessed the "carnage" that can ensue if using a "cheap" carrier from U-ship

DO YOUR HOMEWORK before accepting a bid. Cheapest doesn't mean the bestest. If you are just shipping a junk/parts bike, then by all means...go cheap, but if you want the thing to arrive in the same condition as it left, spend an extra few bux on the front end rather than an $800.00 paint job and $500.00 in rechrome on the back.

+1 to that :thumbup:

73 KAWASAKI H1 (Sold).
82 YAMAHA RD350LC
2000 KAWI KDX200H
2001 Triumph TT600

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 1:52 pm 

And be sure to specify an enclosed trailer vs open, to further protect from the elements or damage from road debris, etc.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 10:38 am 

10sec H2 wrote:
Any idea who I could use to ship my bike from Ventura CA to Phoenix and roughly how much?

Haul Bikes is the only shipper I will use, My latest bike came in with A+ care and I have used them multiple times.This bike was the biker build off winner for the easy rider and v-twin build off.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 1:01 pm 

mach3restore wrote:
10sec H2 wrote:

Haul Bikes is the only shipper I will use, My latest bike came in with A+ care and I have used them multiple times.This bike was the biker build off winner for the easy rider and v-twin build off.

Thanks, I called Daily Direct, sounds like they know what they bar doing. 550 dollars with enclosed trailer, insured. Will have it in a few days.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 9:11 pm 

10sec H2 wrote:
mach3restore wrote:
10sec H2 wrote:

Thanks, I called Daily Direct, sounds like they know what they bar doing. 550 dollars with enclosed trailer, insured. Will have it in a few days.

They are great, My bike came next to the late Gerry Garcia's Piaggio that he owned, See pic, his family sold it to a collector in LA.The Gateful Dead Head Bike,LOL