Kawi2strokes.com Forum

Enthusiasts from around the world dedicated to the preservation and ritual flogging of the infamous Kawasaki 2-stroke Triples
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:51 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2023 12:22 am 

It is with a heavy heart I write this and as I am faced with many one of the many conundrums a man deals with in his lifetime.

I have found this beautiful 1974 h1500 that is the same year as my uncle's H2 that I marveled at as a youngster. It is only been ridden once since 1975 and has low miles. It is in beautiful patina condition. As it sat in the barn someone else figured they needed the front brake caliper and the air box. I have picked up a front brake caliper but not an airbox yet.

I had full intentions of putting this bike on the street and riding the heck out of it but between flat track racing and vintage Motocross, plus work getting in the way, I haven't done so yet.

And now for the quandary.. I have been offered first rights of refusal on a 1989 CR500 that I have history with, and since the boat nor the Paul Stanley guitar has sold I guess this is next in line as I have done some soul searching and have to have that CR 500. Either one is going to leave a hole in my heart but I spend a lot of time off-road racing with my dad and that one is more practical for me right now.

My question is this; what method would you guys recommend to sell this and get a good price out of it? Craigslist, Facebook, Bring a Trailer? I wouldn't mind hauling it to Spokane Washington or Coeur d'Alene Idaho to a shipping center but I don't have time right now during snow plow season to crate it up or ship it myself.

Gosh what a terrible thing to have to write and read back to yourself! Anyway thanks for anyone's time.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2023 7:09 am 

Curious - pictures? PS - I have a 1990 CR500 I did a major freshen up a few years ago. I used to race endiros with it (even with a heavy flywheel it's not a good enduro bike) but I still ride it once in a while. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=831McsnTIFA

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2023 10:17 am 

Man that CR is a sweet machine! Thanks for sharing the vid! That's the year I graduated high school. I'm looking at doing desert races with it plus it has a new a full extra set of suspension and 19" wheels for flat track racing.

Here are a few pics. I finally figured out how to resize them on my phone so I could upload it. I tried last night until I had to get my 4 hours of beauty sleep before this snow plowing, lol.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.