Kawi2strokes.com Forum

Enthusiasts from around the world dedicated to the preservation and ritual flogging of the infamous Kawasaki 2-stroke Triples
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:04 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2023 5:16 pm 

I bought this wonderful 18" wheel on e-bay. I thought it was a Kawasaki hub with 6-bolt disc brake setup. The hub appears to have the same dimensions as my KH400 front hub. I tried searching for a 6-bolt brake disc and it looks like Kawasaki did not make one in this size. Then I thought maybe I could use the carrier from an H1 or H2. Too big, as you can see in the photo. I also realized that it doesn't have the screw holes for the conical chrome cover to fit on one side. Axle size seems to be the same as what I have on the KH400. I don't want to take the front wheel off the KH400 until I have an idea about how to approach this.

Possibly the easiest thing to do would be find an appropriate disc/carrier if the measurements are correct. If not, I measured the spokes and they appear to have the same length as what's on the KH400. Maybe I can use the KH400 hub with this wheel and spokes.

Anybody have an idea what bike this hub came from?

The E-bay seller doesn't know.

EDIT: I just counted the spokes - 36. Thus I can't use the KH400 hub with it.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.