Kawi2strokes.com Forum

Enthusiasts from around the world dedicated to the preservation and ritual flogging of the infamous Kawasaki 2-stroke Triples
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:25 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: H2 too fast for Indy
PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2022 10:06 am 

I am a fly in mechanic for a USF2000 team, and we did the Indy Grand Prix last weekend. If you drive there you have to park across the road, outside the track, and it's a half mile walk. But if you ride a bike, you don't need a vehicle pass or anything, and can park directly at your transporter. So I rode the H2B in for a few days. Day two, I ride in and park next to the truck and start to prep for the morning qualifying. Five mins later a couple of the yellow shirt officials walk in and ask me if it was my bike, I reply yes, and they tell me I rode in too fast and if I do that again, I won't be riding that bike here again. I ask what the speed limit in the infield is, one of them says 10 mph. I reply, I can't ride that bike at 10! He says, ok, 20! Their real problem I think, was the sound of a piped triple, probably used to Harleys at garden tractor rpms I suspect.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Post subject: Re: H2 too fast for Indy
PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2022 11:51 am 

I guess there are some people in this age that know little about 2 strokes.