Kawi2strokes.com Forum

Enthusiasts from around the world dedicated to the preservation and ritual flogging of the infamous Kawasaki 2-stroke Triples
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:49 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2021 3:35 pm 

I know that a lot of guys know that the front sprocket from a RZ350 will swap over to the H models with a 3mm spacer. Just found out today that the front sprocket from a Suzuki GT380/550/750 will also fit the output shaft splines. It also needs a 3mm spacer and the locking washer will have to be made, but the sprocket slides right on the shaft. Stock GT550 sprocket is 16 tooth, though.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2021 4:14 pm 

Neat. You may remember that I'm running 16-44, which puts 4th where stock 5th was. It works really well with reeds and cuts vibration at higher speeds hugely. It still wheelies in 1st, but at something like 50 mph. :) Best of all, I'm not searching for another gear all the time.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2021 3:15 pm 

I remember that you were running higher than stock gearing. I'm currently running 15/45 because of the H1 rear wheel I have. I just happened to be looking at a GT550 motor and saw a similar spline, so I did some checks and measurements.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2021 7:15 pm 

Way back in the day, we had some 17 tooth sprockets made up, and I was amazed how the H1 pulled that gearing at high revs; the H2 was fine with it also, 45 teeth on the rear of the H2, probably stock on the H1. We used a 13 on the front for drag-racing too, can't remember if they were generally available or we had them made up, a friends dad had a industrial chain/transmission shop. A good source for Tsubaki "super" chain too, with the non-waisted link plates. This was probably in the late '70's. Funny what you can remember, (and what you can't...!) :think: