Kawi2strokes.com Forum

Enthusiasts from around the world dedicated to the preservation and ritual flogging of the infamous Kawasaki 2-stroke Triples
It is currently Wed May 15, 2024 6:33 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: chroming in bay area ?
PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2021 3:13 pm 

Looking for a chrome shop in the Bay Area . Nothing local in Tucson I want to use. I had used 1 in Fremont a few years ago but was not happy with them doing a few things which I asked them not to do specifically to a set of chambers so looking elsewhere. I need to get a set of H1b exhausts done. No major problems other than a ding under 1 from centerstand and zero rust. Had a friend hot tank them years ago when he had a fresh batch of fluid in his tank and they are spotless inside so no issues there with cleaning. I am trying to avoid shipping anything. I am driving up that way in Nov so I can bring them with me and then my brother in law can pick them up and drop off at my house there. The bike itself is spotless but has a set of NOS 69/70 pipes on it I want to change out. Thanks

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2021 6:14 pm 

I "believe" this is the shop that Porschedave had taken some of my (non-exhaust) parts to, to have them do both chroming and zincing many years ago. But please PM/email Dave to confirm this is the same shop.

http://www.globalplating.com/

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2021 8:55 am 

That's the place I used unfortunately. I even tagged each exhaust and the parts invoice to not smooth out welds but they did it anyway on exhaust. Pipes look real thin in joint areas now. Have not run them yet but worry they are going to crack at those points. I will keep looking. Have a place someone mentioned across the border here but it's a pain to go with this covid and crap. I'll keep looking