Kawi2strokes.com Forum

Enthusiasts from around the world dedicated to the preservation and ritual flogging of the infamous Kawasaki 2-stroke Triples
It is currently Sat May 11, 2024 9:47 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2021 8:37 am 

Without even putting my bike up for sale, I had 5 offers to sell it. It must have looked good in the pictures.
Last month I finally got the bike safetied, insured and on the road. It took me a couple of weeks of carb adjusting to get it running well enough to get a real feel for the bike. It was fun to ride, but it was much more fun to restore. After my wife mentioned how I smelled after each ride (old snowmachining days revisited) I figured 1 bike was enough to insure and my Kawasaki Vulcan 650 S was going to be the keeper. (ABS brakes, electric start, fuel injection, fuel gauge, and no 2 stroke oil all helped in the decision)
A couple of members on this site made me offers, and at that time I wasn't sure I was going to sell but I knew the bike was worth more than that.
Eventually someone reached out with an offer I couldn't pass up on and I accepted it. As he is a member on this site, I hope he will post about it, good or bad, and I will let him reveal his purchase. (but I hear he has already told some members about his new bike)

I will continue to read this site and if I have viable input I will post if I think I can help, but most of all I want to thanks all those who posted and helped me in my first Triples Experience.

Now to look for my next Covid Winter Project........

1981 KZ440C recently restored
1974 H1E Restored and sold
2015 Kawasaki Vulcan S 650
2012 Polaris Sportsman
5 Good Months of Riding in my part of Canada

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2021 5:33 pm 

Selling is always stressful.
Good to hear your sale went well, and to a member of the Forum.