Kawi2strokes.com Forum

Enthusiasts from around the world dedicated to the preservation and ritual flogging of the infamous Kawasaki 2-stroke Triples
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:18 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Finally!
PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 5:32 am 

Well it's not the Deals Gap coffee mug and I'm not talking about the LaserJet 4L from the last millenium.

Go ahead and say it, IT'S ABOUT TIME!!! :mrgreen: :clap: :thumbup:

Post subject: Re: Finally!
PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:08 am 
Site Admin

Too late, Wossies are out........... :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 3:49 pm 

Hot ticket for an H1 are factory RM125 pistons with a few layers of ceramic duct tape on the skirt. :shh:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 4:02 pm 

Damn HP laser printers don't die, do they? I have a Color Laserjet 5M I bought used ten years ago. It was old then.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 5:13 pm 

Jim wrote:
Damn HP laser printers don't die, do they? I have a Color Laserjet 5M I bought used ten years ago. It was old then.

I still have 2 HP printers still kicking it after years. There's an 840C downstairs, got it with the very first computer I ever had, and it still works. HP could build a printer.

71 Yammi RT1B
83 HD Sportster
03 Yammi R1
06 Kaw 750 Vulcan (wife’s bike)
12 Yammi vstar 250 (wife’s bike)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 6:20 pm 

Pistons to printers. Guess that's why it's called General Chat.

Now ya gotta put some reeds in there and drill them pistons! Freaked me out when I did that, just seemed wrong.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 6:29 pm 

Funny, I meant to post this in the "latest purchase" thread, I think I hit "new topic" instead of "post reply". :wtf: Oh well, that happens when you're out of it for a while... or is it an age thing? :think: I hope to actually have 2 running bikes for the first time in about 2 years. :clap: H1 getting fresh bore and those SWEET looking pistons as well as a good carb clean, well, everything clean really. :roll: S3 getting new chain and sprockets (520 conversion). Both could use paint but I won't set the bar too high.
HP laser printers last so long they decided the only way to sell new ones is to stop supporting the older ones. My wife has one (I forget the model, 1010, 1012?) that's only 4 years old. She got a new computer, only to learn there is no driver for Windows 7. They say flat out they will no longer support it! :thumbdown: I had to search for workarounds and install an XP driver on some oddball port I've never used before. It works but after a certain number of pages it prints an error (no message or dialog box, just a page with "Unsupported Personality". :banghead You have to power it off and restart it to clear the error, she still has to do it several times a day, what a PITA! :e4

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 6:48 pm 

ThreePipesSmokin wrote:
HP laser printers last so long they decided the only way to sell new ones is to stop supporting the older ones. My wife has one (I forget the model, 1010, 1012?) that's only 4 years old. She got a new computer, only to learn there is no driver for Windows 7.

All my HP printers understand Postscript, so it would be hard for HP and/or Gates and his cronies to make them obsolete. Really really hard, since I use Linux anyway.