Kawi2strokes.com Forum

Enthusiasts from around the world dedicated to the preservation and ritual flogging of the infamous Kawasaki 2-stroke Triples
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:58 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 7:41 am 

For those that have not seen it - his recent build is awesome! Love the second gear power wheelie.
Go Jorgen and Go Norway!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HGESASBeqD0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4c9VzZ0GQuI

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 8:39 am 

Very nice H2 Barry, but that one looks like the one he did a couple years ago. Was this something like an engine upgrade?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 8:51 am 

I thought it was new Jim but looking at the Norway forum it seems new carbs, tuning and more.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 10:03 am 

Hi Jim and Barry

Yes, this is the H2 I built a few years ago. She has now done a little more than 10000 km.

The New to it now, is the cylinder set-up. Last Autumn, I had to split the engine due to a shifting drum failure. It turned out the 1. 4. and 5. gir were correctly undercutted.
Sadly, the 2. and 3. gir were not, so the drum did not handle the Power anymore.

So, after splitting the cases, I also found 1 of the bearings on my crank (10000 km) had a sligthly more movement compasred to the other bearins.
So, I had to get the crank newbuilt. 1 of the rods also had some minor wear (big end side) so 3 New vesrah rods got in as well.

Then.......I wanted to make the bike more explosiv, by adding some dgrees to the exhaust port, and also make it a bit more wide, and cutting piston skirts. My goal is 135 rwhp.
The dyno sheet is from the first testrun, and I use 320 mains now due to New crank/rebore. (I used 290 last season)And also pump PLUS 2-3% oil in tank in the break-in period. (probably not necessary).
Still, it did 133 rwhp. I was a bit afraid that the piston cut-out I did this time could ruin the lowend. It IS weaker than before, but still ok.

I also recut my custom jollymoto and welded in an internal stinger 26mm, into the center belly section for noise reduction. It helped.
Then the sstinger protrudes into a 29mm silencer tube (standard higgspeed tube, reworked)

I have not yet dialled in ignition curve for the New durations. I would assume small adjustments will be beneficial as the powerband has moved a bit due to higher ex duration.

I have seen that a "valid" point is, that what I measure on the dyno, where the engine is NOT as hot as on the street, the rwhp I get Equals to crank hp when really "highway hot".
This vid is taken when engine is warmed up, but ouside temp is Close to freezing point. MAN........it scared the crap outta me. There is absolutely no way I can have the front whell Down in second, if I for exampke whack the throttle to WOT at 3-4000 in second. It powerwheelies no matter what.
A bit more civilised when the summer temp gets here, but still...........

-I may have to go higher on gearing. Since I was so afraid of the low end would be gone (which it did not) I put on 14/47

I will probably get back to Stock 15/47

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 10:17 am 

Thanks for the update, Jorgen. Sounds like fun. My 16/44 sprockets keep both of my wheels on the ground once I'm above 1st gear. :)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 11:19 am 

Sounds great!
And as always looks great!

:clap:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 9:51 am 

Thanks.
Some more ignition tuning done, got another 7 hp.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 9:42 pm 

WOW sounds great 8-) :clap: