Kawi2strokes.com Forum

Enthusiasts from around the world dedicated to the preservation and ritual flogging of the infamous Kawasaki 2-stroke Triples
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:59 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: It IS the last One!
PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:33 am 
Site Admin

Below is a post by RB on the Canadian forum that I thought would be of interest to those on this board. Hope RB doesn't mind the repost.

Quote:
I know that many of you don't do Facebook, but, I just announced my very last Birthday bash In Michigan, Basically a long term plan is coming to fruition, I am selling MOST of my collection of bikes, selling the property and trying to calm my life down a little. I never EVER intended to have a birthday bash each Year, but the likes of Ian, Anthony, Andrew and you other Canadian Missfits have encouraged me to have one every Year since my 50th!

It will be the last opportunity to see the most comprehensive collection of Kawasaki Triples, many will be sold before the event but the bikes will all stay together until the end of the event.

So, this WILL be the final One and guys are apparently coming from all over the U.S. and Europe to attend . . So, IF you want to come over, then you are all more than welcome, but spaces are running out fast and I need to do some serious planning to accommodate all that wish to attend.

So, please email me at H2Rik@aol.com if you are coming, when you will arrive, and most importantly if you are bringing a tent, a trailer or a motorhome Etc

Hope to see MANY of you guys there!

From facebook :

Back in 2008 I had an idea that I wanted to celebrate my 50th birthday with many of my friends from the World of Kawasaki triples in America and Canada.
August 17th arrived, as did many pals and we had a fantastic time riding the beautiful roads of the Leelanau peninsular . . . . and talking bullshit around the fire until the early hours.
People enjoyed it so much that I was encouraged to do One the next Year . . and the Next . . . And so on
To the point where at my 59th Birthday I decided that all good things must come to an end and my 60th Birthday, this Year will see that last RB’s Birthday Bash. Not only that but life also moves on - and in the small town of Cedar Michigan, there is a building that houses the Worlds most comprehensive and concise collection of unrestored Kawasaki Triples, every Model and every Year . . . and virtually every colour! This Year I will be seriously downsizing and the majority of the bikes will be sold off to fund a new house that I am building.
So, In a nutshell the weekend of August the 8th will be the last weekend that the entire collection will be together (Unless someone wants it in it’s entirety for $1m!)
So, from Tuesday the 14th August 2018 until Monday the 20th August 2018 will be my birthday bash week!
Anyone who has an interest in Triples is welcome to attend – I will however require some firm numbers and bookings to get facilities in place.
Oh, I should point out that I am not in ill health and I sincerely hope that this is not my last Birthday! . . . . Just that my life is going in a different direction.

Post subject: Re: It IS the last One!
PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:19 am 

:thumbup: See you there!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:58 pm 

I'll be there, already confirmed with RB.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:53 pm 

I regret that I don't visit this board as often as I would love to so I am usually not caught up with most of the news in the triples community. So RB did not announce on this board?

RB - After reading the info above, I am surprised but not shocked. We only ran into each other in person when we were at Mid-Ohio a few times and it was great that you came by our corral to chat and have beer or two. I am sure you are making the best decision for you. It is a bitter sweet news I think.

Wish you all the best RB!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 9:14 pm 

The end of an era.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:03 am 

Thanks for posting that Dale, I did actually try several times to post it on this forum as well, but kept getting an "sql error" message.

As I said in the post, I WILL still be around, but after spending all Winter in Florida and am just not missing all my "Kids" up North, the problem with owning SO much stuff is that there is always something to do, with 2 trucks, 5 cars, 5 houses, 2 boats, 5 jetskiis, quads, ATV's and all my other $hit, just keeping on top of it is relentless . . . There is also my train of thought that with me nearing 60, things go wrong and if they went terribly wrong then Lisa would have a HUGE headache . . . . and a LOT of male friends! :lol:

So, the plan is to downsize on everything, t!he house in England can now go away, The House in Michigan, the rail depot ALL of it so we are just left with a house in Michigan and a house in Florida . . . . . as Lisa often tells me "other people WISH they had our problems"

What bikes to keep, and why? is a long process, some bikes like the Police W1 is so unique that it must stay, as is the S3 Special, also the perfect stock original '69 . . . and a KZ1300 up North and another down in Florida, Almost every bike has a special memory :think: I'm down to around 12 keepers right now.

Even "disposing" of the bikes is a dilemma, Mecum ? Ebay ? Yahoo JP or as at the moment I am building a website with them open to offers.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:46 pm 

RB - You are so right about having a spouse getting stuck with our addiction of bikes. My wife has been making a lot of noise about it and I am already planning to thin down as well to prepare for the future. Even though I am not pushing 60 just yet and don't have the inventory like yours but I am feeling the heat at the present.

For me, I do have a lot of barn bikes and trying to my best to only restore the worthwhile candidates. In 5 years or so, I will only resort to just keeping just a few, too. A few years ago, a local Kawasaki dealer decided to shut down and they had many triples (no H2's, mostly H1's and some smaller) in poor shape in the basement storage area. The dealer sold all the nice ones on ebay over a span of 20 years. The left over ones were stripped of good parts by employees and sold them on ebay.

To make a long story short, I made a purchase of all the left over triples just right before they auctioned off the entire dealer inventory. My goal is to restore the H1's so that I will have a complete line of H1's from '69 to the last '76 KH500 (I think about 12 or 13 variations).

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:40 am 

Y.T. wrote:
We only ran into each other in person when we were at Mid-Ohio a few times and it was great that you came by our corral to chat and have beer or two. I am sure you are making the best decision for you. It is a bitter sweet news I think.

Wish you all the best RB!

Thanks Y.T. !!! . . . . 12 (?) Years ago ?

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 11:03 am 

It looks like I'm not going to make the event, but I have a rolling chassis that belongs to Cody that he wants back. Is anyone coming past the Raleigh-Durham area on the way? I could meet you at a convenient place and contribute to your fuel fund if you can take it to him.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 4:41 pm 
Site Admin

It's gonna be a blast! :thumbup: