Kawi2strokes.com Forum

Enthusiasts from around the world dedicated to the preservation and ritual flogging of the infamous Kawasaki 2-stroke Triples
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:29 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 6:27 am 

If they are cut from a billit, they should resist harmonics cracking much better than a stock dead pour cast head ever will. Centrifugal spin casting is a lot better casting process than dead pour for aluminum, far less voids, stronger grain alignment structure.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 12:30 pm 

I brought these in primarily for my own use but got extra sets in case somebody else wanted some. I'm aware these will only interest a small number of people but we'll keep a set of each in case somebody wants some.

I too was skeptical when I got a close look at the combustion chambers but SSO convinced me to try them first. Very surprised to find they perform as advertised with a 5-7% power increase but what has really impressed me is they have virtually eliminated detonation on my street H2 while running ethanol free 90 octane fuel. I've had three different sets of reworked heads on this engine and have never been able to completely eliminate deto with any of them. That alone makes them worth the price of admission for me.

Since this H2 has a Zeeltronics programmable ignition I am starting to use more aggressive timing curves to see how much power I can gain before deto returns.

Just installed a set of these on my H2 road race bike and will be testing them at this years first AHRMA race at Roebling this weekend. This was the main reason for buying these as they will resist the cracking on the outside heads that I have experienced with welded heads on several occasions (I torque my heads with a calibrated digital torque wrench at precisely 30 ft/lb ;). Also put a set on my H1 road race bike as that engine is on the edge of detonation even with 110 octane leaded race fuel. Should make for an interesting weekend.

Jim Hinshaw