Kawi2strokes.com Forum

Enthusiasts from around the world dedicated to the preservation and ritual flogging of the infamous Kawasaki 2-stroke Triples
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:50 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 9:41 am 
Site Admin

100 ft, I would be impacting the neighbors tires off........ :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 10:27 am 

I had to do that once, neighbor lady's tire was flat, used just about every hose I had, roughly 300 feet to get the air to the tire to fill. Finally got air in the tire enough to drive it to my shop and repair it. I did it that way because my impact wouldn't spin the lug nuts off the thing, and the spare was flat as well.

I agree on the hose size dropping efficiency, but in this case there were a few connectors in the line, and they a have smaller than the hose I D holes in them to work past as well.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 2:57 pm 

Jim wrote:
The HF Polyurethane hose may be lighter because it's smaller hose, only 1/4" ID. The usual size is 3/8" ID. It may not matter much for short runs, but if you have to go 100 feet, the small house will drop a lot of pressure when you start trying to loosen lug nuts.

Very true about 1/4 Jim! My sprinkler blow-out is FAR away from my compressor (and my portable compressor does not have the CFM for it). I had a bunch of 1/4 hose I tried once and it just would not push enough pressure even for that.

One time when I was waiting for my hose replacement I used the 1/4 hose to fill my truck tires - could not reach the 75psi needed - it choked it.

Using 3/8 hose is the only way for my applications.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 3:36 pm 
Site Admin

The right equipment combo is essential for sure. My newish 30 gallon HF compressor has no problem running everything i need it for. Even the 90 psi trailer spare, and impact.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:23 am 

You guys are full of hot air :P :P :P :D

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:17 am 
Site Admin

But it's dry hot air...... :e11 :e11 :e11

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 3:46 pm 

KEEP IN MIND... the stuff at harbor freight is CENTRAL PNEUMATIC not Chicago Pneumatic. as a matter of fact, when i worked for CP/Desoutter?Atlas Copco , we sued them over this for image infringement (older ones had same colors etc). its a common mistake, and an interntional one by Central Pneumatic.. CP stuff is actually really, really good. The stuff in HF is NOT this.

However... the larger 'american general' lay down air compressor sold there is actually built by atlas copco , ont he same assembly line right next to the mac tool, lowes and napa ones. ;) :shh:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:06 pm 

These came from a GM plant. They needed repair so they went in the scrap bin. I was able to rebuild this one. It is HEAVY. I had a difficult time mounting this by myself. It's not pretty but it is practically bulletproof. I like using heavy rubber 3/8" hose with it. I tried using Flexilla hose but it compressed too much when retracting.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

"Let's keep your crankshaft great!"