Kawi2strokes.com Forum

Enthusiasts from around the world dedicated to the preservation and ritual flogging of the infamous Kawasaki 2-stroke Triples
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:59 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Old member
PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 1:31 pm 

(Mike Browne) Just checking in. Still ride the old bike. Is there any one still ridding in the bay area, CA. If a ride or meet comes up let me know. I have sold some bikes but still have my Gold 72 H2 and 71 500. Just sold a nice original green 74 H2 to a local guy that will be looking to ride this summer.

Post subject: Re: Old member
PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 3:50 pm 

This Mike Browne? Good to hear from ya.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 5:48 pm 

Hey Mike!! I remember chasing you down the Cherohala. Your shoes looked a lot like my boots....ground down.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 6:28 pm 

That's me. Seems like a long time ago. Stepped off to many times and have slowed down a little over the years. Still love to ride the triple. has any one seen Tom? Look forward to 5 or 6 triples ridding in a pack. That turns heads on the street.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 6:48 pm 

Hey Mike, there's still a handful of us around NorCal. I'm still up in Sac and a few of us met up on Cannery Row back in July for the Superbike race weekend (you gotta show up down there this coming June - http://kawi2strokes.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=13099).

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:18 pm 

broadside wrote:
That's me. Seems like a long time ago. Stepped off to many times and have slowed down a little over the years. Still love to ride the triple. has any one seen Tom? Look forward to 5 or 6 triples ridding in a pack. That turns heads on the street.

Yep - Thom (H2smokin) is here. Checks in frequently, he's over in Europe (Brussels I think) working.

I still have the banner from our 2000 meet. You still have your speedway bikes?

Here's Aylor and Thom discussing Thoms gold H2.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:20 am 
Site Admin

Good to see you are still around! Kinda kept in touch with Steve T2 for a few years, but he seems to have disappeared.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:03 pm 

Still around. Did have a little bad luck this summer. You guys need to be careful with the 41/2 cut off wheel. I was in my shop using it without a face shield and the wheel came apart and hit me in an artery in the face just coming out of my neck and with no one around walk to the office down a small hill. Not able to stop the bleeding I bleed out and came to 3 days later in ICU. This is not a feel bad for me story its a please use a face shield story. One month later I live in Napa a had to evacuate all my bikes and valuables. House ok never came to close. what a summer. Things are good and look forward to ridding my bikes this coming summer.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:53 pm 

Wholly crap Mike!!!!!!

Thank you for the story (glad you're still with us). I use my cut-offs constantly and they'll break apart on occasion (I wear safety glasses). Hearing your story - I'll start using a Face Shield.

Glad your house is OK. Five years ago we had a massive fire here started in the national forest we're close to and had to evacuate (pics below). The one with my Chrysler in the driveway you can see the ashes - minutes before I drove off and this was at 5pm and sunny). For days we thought everything was gone, turned out they made a stand on the street behind my house and saved us but everyone behind us (350 homes) were lost. I can empathize with your situation - we followed the fires there closely, very sad. If you know someone where it did come close, we sustained $60K in smoke damage. A lot of people took a small insurance payout but their house smells like a fire pit. I had to fight the insurance company to pay up the full amount.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 1:13 pm 

Oh man, I don't remember seeing that last photo before. As horrible as it is, it's also spectacular.