Kawi2strokes.com Forum

Enthusiasts from around the world dedicated to the preservation and ritual flogging of the infamous Kawasaki 2-stroke Triples
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:16 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: North California fires
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:38 am 

Hope all members, Family members or friends are safes.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:08 am 

It's real bad out west and not over yet. I was just there in Napa and Sonoma 2 weeks ago. We may need you to send us some French wine.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:22 am 

I heard that NAPA/ Sonoma is the 4th largest wine producer in the world. News also stated wine prices will be driven up due to this and other issues with Euro production.

“Jeff and Chris are THE MEN!”
RIP John E. Evans

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:15 am 

Evans Ward wrote:
I heard that NAPA/ Sonoma is the 4th largest wine producer in the world. News also stated wine prices will be driven up due to this and other issues with Euro production.

So far, there haven't been too many vineyards completely destroyed, but it's not over yet. Once a vineyard is replanted, it takes 3 to 5 years to start producing grapes that can be used for wine production.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:16 am 

total devasation in parts of Santa Rosa , Sonoma , Napa valley due to the Tubbs , Nunn ,& Atlas fires and a red flag day today. My daughter lost her RV & most of her worldly possesions on the 1st night of the fires, but luckily she's traveling in BC, so she is safe !!!!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:18 am 

A7RA wrote:
total devasation in parts of Santa Rosa , Sonoma , Napa valley due to the Tubbs , Nunn ,& Atlas fires and a red flag day today. My daughter lost her RV & most of her worldly possesions on the 1st night of the fires, but luckily she's traveling in BC, so she is safe !!!!

I'm glad your daughter is safe. Yeah, I couldn't believe the neighborhoods completely destroyed in Santa Rosa.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:57 am 

and there are hundreds still missing and its already the deadliest fires in california history

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 12:17 pm 

Watching real news last evening, Fox News showed complete housing tracts, stores, eateries completely destroyed, right down to nothing. Lots of people have lost virtually everything, some do not have insurance coverage, others don't have enough to rebuild, it isn't looking good at all.

Lets just hold hope that nobody else gives their lives to try to stop these fires, and that all residents, first responders, and other help are OK, and NOT HURT, or worse. Houses, buildings, businesses, not important compared to LIVES.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 1:04 pm 

Chris wrote:
Evans Ward wrote:

So far, there haven't been too many vineyards completely destroyed, but it's not over yet. Once a vineyard is replanted, it takes 3 to 5 years to start producing grapes that can be used for wine production.

It's more than that - the ash and smoke affect the grapes and subsequent wine.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 1:08 pm 

H2RTuner wrote:
Watching real news last evening, Fox News showed complete housing tracts, stores, eateries completely destroyed, right down to nothing. Lots of people have lost virtually everything, some do not have insurance coverage, others don't have enough to rebuild, it isn't looking good at all.

Lets just hold hope that nobody else gives their lives to try to stop these fires, and that all residents, first responders, and other help are OK, and NOT HURT, or worse. Houses, buildings, businesses, not important compared to LIVES.

Many friends and relatives have been impacted, until you go through a disaster it's hard to understand how emotional and traumatic it can be. When we had our fire 5 years ago they made a stand in our backyard and saved our house - but it had $60k in smoke damage. We had good insurance and I was willing to fight them - but I know a lot of people are underinsured....