Kawi2strokes.com Forum

Enthusiasts from around the world dedicated to the preservation and ritual flogging of the infamous Kawasaki 2-stroke Triples
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:59 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:02 am 

Hey all, I'm Jared and I live in the beautiful Smoky Mountains of North Carolina. I'm fairly new to motorcycles in general, but I've been a car guy since I started driving my '79 Volvo (in 2007).

My first project was a '78 Honda GL1000 which is still my primary bike. I got that going this past January, and have spent the past 10 months riding it every chance I get.

Currently, I've got an '85 K100RS on the table that I'm just getting finished up. To make a long story short, it sat for 6 years because the PO couldn't figure out why it wouldn't run. Turns out it needed gas and a battery, as well as some cleanup and TLC. Should be done with that one within the month.

Finally, the reason I'm here.

To make a long story short, I had known for awhile there was an H2 floating around my town. I thought it would be cool to see, but I never imagined I'd own it.

I figured something good was going to happen when I got this fortune cookie the night before all this went down...

About a month ago, I was put on touch with a local guy who does paint work on the side. I spent some time talking with him and agreed he would paint my '85 K100.

After not hearing from him for the past week or so, I found out through the small town grapevine that he had been arrested on charges of possession of heroin and paraphernalia. Yeah.

I cautiously messaged him to get my BMW parts back, and he asked

Well that was easy.

I was more than a little apprehensive about the transaction. More than anything, I didn't want my money to enable him to get into any more trouble.

I was somewhat relieved when he told me to meet him at his dad's used car lot.

I showed up, glanced at the bike, and did the paperwork. His dad did the transaction, notarized the title, and kept the money.

Exactly $518 later (including the trailer rental), I rolled it into my garage.

The bike is probably 80-90% accounted for. The only major piece I'm missing is the exhaust.

I wasn't really counting on another bike right now, and this is certainly going to be a learning curve. Should be a fun one though.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:31 am 

Hi Jared, welcome to the board. We're here to help. The resource site is here: www.kawatriple.com It has just about everything you need to know, including manuals, parts ID, parts sources, and technical information.

Definitely plan to go to the annual 2-stroke meet at Deals Gap in April.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 11:05 am 
Site Admin

Stroke of luck there! Welcome to the board! :wave:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 2:56 pm 

Big time score. The missing exhaust is not a problem, expansion chambers are easy to find for an H2. The chambers will probably cost more than you paid for the bike - which just shows what a fantastic deal you have.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 3:27 pm 

Welcome!!!

Stay in it when it comes on the pipe, no need to be scared...

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 5:33 pm 

Lucky you, congrats. I like your response without any hesitation "I'll take it"!!!

PS. Hope you got your Beemer parts back?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 3:10 am 

Welcome and BTW we all have accidentally acquired some H2 :D or other K triples ;)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 8:57 am 

Stev-o wrote:
Lucky you, congrats. I like your response without any hesitation "I'll take it"!!!

PS. Hope you got your Beemer parts back?

I did, but I'm royally pissed. The parts are in worse condition now than when I dropped them off. Broken fairings, shoddy body work...supposedly these have been "done" for weeks. He dropped them off with wet bondo and guidecoat on them.

It's now going to cost MORE to fix what he screwed up.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 11:36 am 

That does suck, BUT such a killer deal on the H2 with a title!!! Its like offsetting penalties in your favor.
Good luck on the builds, nice bikes!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 10:09 am 

The guy was on some serious drugs, when he sold it and when working on you parts. Still way ahead.