Kawi2strokes.com Forum

Enthusiasts from around the world dedicated to the preservation and ritual flogging of the infamous Kawasaki 2-stroke Triples
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:10 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Re: It's very quiet here
PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 2:10 pm 

jyrgNorway wrote:
You really held your mask BB :D

Looks absolutely FANTASTIC!!

:thumbup: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Do you see the recent duct tape vid I posted on FB? My holed toe goes with the hole in the boat. Hilarious.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 5:38 pm 

BarryB wrote:
Ron it was epic -- and that's an understatement. I had no idea what is the Grand Canyon.

Hey Barry...my good friend did a camp/raft trip this summer with his family [I was invited but declined]

He said they had a great time, but bathing in the 48 degree water wasn't pleasant, it was very hot even at night and they had to sleep under netting because the bugs were so bad.

Maybe summertime is not the best time to do that trip?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 5:50 pm 

Stev-o wrote:
BarryB wrote:
Ron it was epic -- and that's an understatement. I had no idea what is the Grand Canyon.

Hey Barry...my good friend did a camp/raft trip this summer with his family [I was invited but declined]

He said they had a great time, but bathing in the 48 degree water wasn't pleasant, it was very hot even at night and they had to sleep under netting because the bugs were so bad.
Maybe summertime is not the best time to do that trip?

Dunno, we went September and no bugs. Yeah the water is cold but you're getting soaked all day anyway. Several people had those thermal shower bags strapped to the rafts during the day but we roughed it. Find a rock in the river, slide in a bit, soap and rinse.

16 days of fine sand got old though but the experience was awesome