Kawi2strokes.com Forum

Enthusiasts from around the world dedicated to the preservation and ritual flogging of the infamous Kawasaki 2-stroke Triples
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:23 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 5:52 pm 

We have a Bikes + Coffee event monthly here in Honolulu. I imagine there's something similar in the mainland. The event used to be held at a coffee shop, now it's moved to the Suzuki dealer, Montgomery Motors. Nice deal because now the coffee is free and Montgomery Motors has a large showroom. We go inside, enjoy the a/c and look at Suzukis and Indians. I rode the only 2-stroke.

My H1 is a '73. I bought a bodywork set from Paul Miller years ago and began replacing the pictured parts with Paul Miller's. Problem - the tail piece he sent was for a KH400 and it doesn't fit an H1. I called Paul, he said he'll fix the problem but he doesn't have an H1 tail. I have a spare and I dropped it in the mail. Once I get the tail back, I'll add the '73 gas tank.

The '75 bodywork is okay but you can see the tank decals are not positioned right.

This bike flies! H2 motor with Spec2 porting, Higgspeed pipes, VM30's with UFO's.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 1:38 pm 

Hey Mike....thanks for sharing.

We have a "Cars and Coffee" in Austin, but no bikes, wish we did.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 4:10 pm 

Good post! :thumbup:

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 9:24 pm 

Nice morning
I'd like to go around the island next time !

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 1:01 am 

Dave - you rebuilt the crank in this bike.

I've done several 80 mile rides and it's a blast. I wish the bike were a little quieter, there's no sneaking up on anyone except deaf people. Besides that, it's great.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:03 am 

We have old cars and old bikes event monthly near Paris the first sunday of the month but no coffee :lol:
The place is the town of Vincennes which touchs Paris and the event helds behind the castle :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:32 pm 

The H1 turned heads when I pulled into the parking lot and when I left. These young guys are wondering why this old bike sounds different.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.