Kawi2strokes.com Forum

Enthusiasts from around the world dedicated to the preservation and ritual flogging of the infamous Kawasaki 2-stroke Triples
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:57 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 6:39 pm 

Chris wrote:
kawi3cyl wrote:
Nice bike, nice garage, nice gate, and of course nice set of Jim's awesome pipes! :thumbup:

I like the oil stained block of wood! I have one just like it! :)

Me TOO :D :D

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 10:32 pm 

Besides Jim's Dencos,the Early Roth Van Halen decal is the best part of the bike (LOL) !!! 15 years ago I had the stock swinger on my 72 Blue H2 with Denco's and it looked good but I thought it look short to me, and made the Denco's look long !!! When I was able to buy this new bike,I knew I was going to try the longer swingarm and I like the way it looks !!! What I would really like to have is the new Higgs aluminum custom swingarm for the bike in the 75H2 length !! I personally think the longer swingarm with the big fat rear aluminum rims look good( hopefully in the future it will get the fat aluminum rims) !!! Now thats just me, each to his own on the looks of your bike right, so do what you want !!! I bought the bike from my friend Matt Chalmers and he kept the bike in good shape !!! Our friend here in Texas Mike Childress painted all of our bikes 10-15 years ago for a bunch of us local guys !!! He did a good job.At the time we all had NOS pieces and the paint was matched from a NOS 72H2 piece !!! The paint on this bike is 10 years old !!! The pictures of the bike make it look better than it is in person but it is a really cool bike and I am really fortunate that Matt sold it to me !!! The more H2's on the road the better !!! I'm in the process of building a 73 Purple H2 that is going to be pretty close to what this one looks like !!! Already have the 75H2 swingarm on it !!!! I know I've said it before, but you guys should check out the Facebook Kawasaki's Triples site.Lots of cool pictures, bikes and info, with people from all over the world posting !!! Take care !!!

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 11:14 pm 

I am a painter, and I always liked the colour of your bike, just looks good. I went into the shed to look at the colour I had made up for mine, it was recommended by Al from the Central Coast in Aus. (Aero05)....It's virtually the same! And you are right about Facebook, I didn't realize there were so many Triples in the World, definitely worth a look, although this site is always my first port of call for anything Triples. (But I am definitely a short wheel-base guy, my ZX10R and H2 have the same wheelbase, it's all about the corners....but as you say, to each there own!) :thumbup:

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 5:02 pm 

Barry:
Nice!
Nicenicenice!!!!!!

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 4:45 am 

looking great but the ground clearance (as original pipes TNT or Denco) is a weak point for an euro rider.
Denco RR is much more better for this reason. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 8:42 am 

When they hit, it'll be under the engine where both types are almost against the frame, so I don't know why "RR" pipes would really be any better.