Kawi2strokes.com Forum

Enthusiasts from around the world dedicated to the preservation and ritual flogging of the infamous Kawasaki 2-stroke Triples
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:07 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: 72H1B
PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 7:14 pm 

Restoring above. Having a set of early model cylinders bead blasted and looked at for either honing or 1st over bore. On two of my other bikes when doing the top end, I have used Wossners, and have been quite pleased, NO PROBLEMS.
I have heard of a Japanese co. Cruzinimage_co that has displayed their products on e-bay. They offer pistons for H1's .05 / .10/etc. with pins, cir-clips, and rings. $95 plus $20 shipping from japan.
Has anyone used these or have any knowledge of them. Obviously cheaper than the Wossner. Tks

Post subject: Re: 72H1B
PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 9:06 am 

Cruzin also makes a big bore kit for Honda CB, I know a couple guys that have used them with good results.

I do believe their pistons are cast, and I prefer forged. I've gone with Wiseco on my H1 and my current H2 motor rebuild. My machinist is old school and have used them for many years [and has them in his Kawasaki drag bike], good enough for me!

Many of the guys here highly recommend Wossners....

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 9:58 am 
Site Admin

You get what you pay for. Most guys don't really run hard so they can use cast pistons. Just depends on how hard you run your motor.

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 10:24 am 

Ja-Moo wrote:

Most guys don't really run hard so they can use cast pistons.

Good point. I dont abuse my bikes, but there are times I want to run them up to 7000-8000 RPM and not have to worry about a piston seizure [been there!].