Kawi2strokes.com Forum

Enthusiasts from around the world dedicated to the preservation and ritual flogging of the infamous Kawasaki 2-stroke Triples
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 6:20 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Still the Best
PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 6:58 pm 

I can do it in the dirt :lol: On the track or street I'm chicken.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 9:50 pm 

Yeah, well, sorry I interrupted your delusion, Rod. And, your hero Marquez has won 3 MotoGP championships, 2013, 2014, 2016, just a touch fewer than Vale'. They are all in a class by themselves, and, there are more in that class that excel.

They don't need either of our help winning championships, nor races.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 10:37 pm 

I think they all spent some time "feeling their way" into the Premier Class, most of them were impatient and crashers when they started out. And I don't have heroes, and am not "deluded", if I don't even know how many titles Marquez had won! And you were against Stoner too, He seemed to have a bit of ability. :roll:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 12:27 am 

Ability and talent are completely and totally different from personality. My opinion of Stoner comes directly from his personality, not his talent and ability. Simple as that, no matter how much you want to spin and twist it differently, Rod.

Now, can we all get back to discussing fun stuff like triples, much nicer than all this.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 4:20 am 

Sure. As long as you get the last Word, huh ;)

Last edited by jyrgNorway on Fri Mar 10, 2017 5:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 4:37 am 

H2RTuner wrote:
gets frustrated when he doesn't get his way,

Always happy to "debate" with Dave............ :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 8:42 am 

And here is Jonathon Rea, winning WSBK in Sepang, today.......
Kawasaki ZX10r, chip off the old H2 block.....

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 5:12 pm 

It's the different persoallities they make the competition more interesting, just like all the way back with Roberts and Sheen, Gardner and Lawson, Doohan and.... well everyone, Stoner and Rossi, I reckon Marqez is brilliant, he rejuvinated the class and 3 titles in 4 years, that is brilliant, as good as Kenny Roberts, Roberts was no angel, but his focus was winning just like Doohan, Rossi, Stoner and all the other standout riders, you cannot judge these riders personallity in their situation in my opinion, even when I was racing you couldn't talk to me before a race, and I don't anywhere near the talent they have.

I have met a lot of these guys when they were racing and after, completely different people, Roberts was touted as being arrogant, and maybe he was when is was racing and running a team, but when I met him at Eastern Creek, he was a total gentleman and a great bloke to speak too, as was Rainey(a legend) the missus even got his autograph and Raineys of course :D

I don't think we've seen the best of Marqez and I wouldn't rule out Lorenzo either.

Anyway, what a grear ride by Rea, who would of thought all those years ago when he was nowhere, hey :D

1973 H2-A
2000 F650GS BMW

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 7:16 pm 

It gets my wick up when people criticize Stoner, I mean he said what he thought, and went and backed it up in the best possible way. I remember when he said he was sick, and so many said he was whining....well, he had Glandular fever, which is pretty serious. They are testing in Qatar right now, and all of the riders, Except Vinales, :shock: are "complaining" about some aspect of their bike or set-up. Anyway, Vinales and Marquez for mine this season, and it will be interesting to see how Jorge goes on the Ducati....... (and Dovi.)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:28 pm 

RODH2 wrote:
It gets my wick up when people criticize Stoner, I mean he said what he thought, and went and backed it up in the best possible way. I remember when he said he was sick, and so many said he was whining....well, he had Glandular fever, which is pretty serious. They are testing in Qatar right now, and all of the riders, Except Vinales, :shock: are "complaining" about some aspect of their bike or set-up. Anyway, Vinales and Marquez for mine this season, and it will be interesting to see how Jorge goes on the Ducati....... (and Dovi.)

I rate Stoner as one of the best, no one else can ride the Ducati and win(more than one race) just a shame he couldn't get his head around the politics that goes with MotoGP.

My money is on Marqez, but I reckon it will be close, with Innone the dark horse :D

1973 H2-A
2000 F650GS BMW

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next