Kawi2strokes.com Forum

Enthusiasts from around the world dedicated to the preservation and ritual flogging of the infamous Kawasaki 2-stroke Triples
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:31 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Still the Best
PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 10:23 am 

RODH2 wrote:
And here is Jonathon Rea, winning WSBK in Sepang, today.......
Kawasaki ZX10r, chip off the old H2 block.....
haven't noticed until now that in WSBK 1000cc four cylinders are now allowed :roll:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 3:22 pm 

Competing in MOTOGP is a very deep pool! They, DORNA continue to screw around with the ride controllers, tires, locked into engine development for the year, etc. They all have to deal with the same parameters, but I think Marquez has done an exceptional job of managing the process. Guessing what tire to use when the race starts wet...or dry and then rains, it often seems to be a crapshoot. All of them have great support teams behind them, but I'm guessing they all have final say.

I also have to hand it to Rossi, as he has adapted well over the years and with his ranch set-up, he's giving back to younger riders, too. It seems that most of them benefit greatly from dirt tracking, like the Super Prestigio.
On attitude...I remember a story about Gary Nixon back in the day. It ran that he'd walk thru the pits asking: "Which one of you SxB's is gonna finish second today?" If you don't believe in yourself, chances are others won't either.
If you haven't watch the UTube videos on some of the saves Marquez has made...you should! :shock:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 3:59 pm 

4 Dog knight wrote:
Competing in MOTOGP is a very deep pool! They, DORNA continue to screw around with the ride controllers, tires, locked into engine development for the year, etc. They all have to deal with the same parameters, but I think Marquez has done an exceptional job of managing the process. Guessing what tire to use when the race starts wet...or dry and then rains, it often seems to be a crapshoot. All of them have great support teams behind them, but I'm guessing they all have final say.

I also have to hand it to Rossi, as he has adapted well over the years and with his ranch set-up, he's giving back to younger riders, too. It seems that most of them benefit greatly from dirt tracking, like the Super Prestigio.
On attitude...I remember a story about Gary Nixon back in the day. It ran that he'd walk thru the pits asking: "Which one of you SxB's is gonna finish second today?" If you don't believe in yourself, chances are others won't either.
If you haven't watch the UTube videos on some of the saves Marquez has made...you should! :shock:

I don't think they do, I'm pretty sure that it's the team manager who has the final say, but ultimately it's a team decision, the rider does have a say as he is part of the team, and a lot of what the riders says is taken into account, bike setup and so on, but technology these days can sometimes override the riders input in some cases.

Marquez is a great rider, and he has youth on his side, I can see him breaking more records for quite some time.

1973 H2-A
2000 F650GS BMW

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 6:11 pm 

Baz,
I'm no MOTOGP expert. I just seem to continually read reports (especially last year with what...9 different winners!) that say things like "He chose the right tire while so and so chose the wrong one(s)." I don't know who's making all the decisions...but I'd suspect that at that level...they are highly educated guesses. Switching to Michelins last year seemed to have everyone guessing what was right?
Now, who's watching the weather and figuring out what's going to happen with THAT...is a whole 'nuther situation!
I gotta go feed the Dog!
4 dog

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 10:22 am 

H2Tuner I think you were referring to the 2015 MM

The 2016 MM showed a much more mature rider and another World Title.

Just like the first race of this year, taking 4th in Qatar. Tire choice made the difference in this race, should have stuck with the hard front.

There was quite a bit of contact in this race from riders bumping into each other.

It will be a great season and it's just beginning.

All these guys are the best of the best, separated by 100ths of a second.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 12:56 pm 

Flights to and from the Mid-East are very long, changeovers and such.

Let's review, Maverick, 1st, Dovi, 2nd, Vale', 3rd, Wonder Boy, 4th (even though everyone was using the SAME manufacture and selected tires), Dani, 5th (almost passed Wonder Boy). Invigorating, indeed.

Argentina, in two weeks, should be equally interesting. Not so long a flight.

Should be an eye opening year to come.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 6:09 pm 

"Wonder Boy" oh, dear.... :roll:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 6:15 pm 

But wasn't the racing great, got up at 3:30 A.M. and sat thru the delay, but what a fantastic race. If you take the hype and B/S away from the Formula One race in Melbourne at the weekend, you are left with precious little. No passing, and no excitement. They "qualify" 6 seconds faster than their best race laps, weird! For you guys who don't regularly watch Moto-GP, you could do worse than give it a shot!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 8:24 pm 

RODH2 wrote:
But wasn't the racing great, got up at 3:30 A.M. and sat thru the delay, but what a fantastic race. If you take the hype and B/S away from the Formula One race in Melbourne at the weekend, you are left with precious little. No passing, and no excitement. They "qualify" 6 seconds faster than their best race laps, weird! For you guys who don't regularly watch Moto-GP, you could do worse than give it a shot!

Formular 1 is as boring as batshit, I'd rather watch V8 Supercars, I missed the MotoGP, we had a blackout from a storm and the repeat too :banghead

Won't miss the next one, even if I have to watch it on stupid catch up or ten view or whatever it's called :roll:

Out of interest how did Jack go Rod??

1973 H2-A
2000 F650GS BMW

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 5:11 am 

So, a comprehensive win to No.93 in Texas, and a shame to see Lorenzo join a long list of riders, other than Casey Stoner, unable to come to terms with the Ducati. Great racing all round, got up at 4:00am for this one! If you haven't watched Moto-GP B4, give it a try.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next