Kawi2strokes.com Forum

Enthusiasts from around the world dedicated to the preservation and ritual flogging of the infamous Kawasaki 2-stroke Triples
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:19 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 8:20 am 

This is what Vannik says it would do if you add the segments as stated. It appears to be a good fix, very little peak power loss yet it happens 1000 rpm earlier.

http://kawatriple.com/wtf/

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 9:23 pm 

Walms wrote:
I can take a look to see if it would worth while, but off the cuff, you could probably add 2" straight sections at the header and also add 2" in length to the belly without effecting the fit too much. It's something I can look into whether it's worth it to do power wise.

OK. Not bad. I was hoping I could get you to roll me some replacement sections reasonably cheap that I could use instead... along with instructions on which sections to swap out since I haven't welded anything up yet ;)

From the graph it looks like a better pipe design for me... more power lower down. I was wondering what sections I would have to swap out to get the 110mm belly... probably the last divergent cone section, belly and first baffle cone section... plus looks like you mentioned another 2" added to the header pipes.

I was also going to try to rotate them and possibly section them a bit to try to work around adding my center stand back in. Think its possible to do?

72 H2 #5297, Charlie crank, WFT pipes, Wossners, TMS38, 15 plate Barnet, SyTech, Denco Pusher, KZ750 frt/rear,
EX500 discs, all LED, 73 Oil pump, Darth Oil check/springs, 75 2-3 shift fork
To Do: Squish, 2MM Lift, Portwork, Zeel

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 8:05 am 

What about the 'Tomcat' pipes which were made for a brief period in the '90s? Same bulbous look, many segments and welds, but so few sets were made-fewer than were sold so I understand- none are likely to be around for comparison. Surely someone remembers them because of the associated notoriety if for no other reason.