Kawi2strokes.com Forum

Enthusiasts from around the world dedicated to the preservation and ritual flogging of the infamous Kawasaki 2-stroke Triples
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:27 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 4:59 pm 

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 5:15 pm 

The JL's I measured recently, are also several years old. Yeah....maybe the New ones are fatter

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 9:14 pm 

demus wrote:
Walms wrote:
We will find out soon enough. I'm making a set of H2 pipes this spring for a friend in the same riding group. Both have FBG "150" motors but 1 is reed converted. There will be plenty of head to head testing going on.

These going to be the old style or the new Fat pipes you were thinking about?

What is the difference between your old and new 750 popes? I bought your 750 pipe kit almost exactly 3 years ago and STILL haven't welded them up :wtf: All wrapped up in wax paper and lots of WD40, then stored in sealed baggies.

I would take another look at them to measure the belly's but they are out near Seattle and i am currently near Washington DC. How big are the old bellies? New?

The plan now is to build a "JYRG" style 2mm raised TMX38 750 so it will be VERY useful to see how both your old and new pipes get dynoed. I really want to get the best performance between 2500 and 8000 for a good torque street bike.

Keep us posted on how they test out :thumbup:

72 H2 #5297, Charlie crank, WFT pipes, Wossners, TMS38, 15 plate Barnet, SyTech, Denco Pusher, KZ750 frt/rear,
EX500 discs, all LED, 73 Oil pump, Darth Oil check/springs, 75 2-3 shift fork
To Do: Squish, 2MM Lift, Portwork, Zeel

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 5:17 am 

there are two kind of JLomas pipes for H2.
road use and race use.
Are the pipes you measure JYRG race pipes :?:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 6:20 am 

Bitbuckit wrote:
demus wrote:
Walms wrote:
We will find out soon enough. I'm making a set of H2 pipes this spring for a friend in the same riding group. Both have FBG "150" motors but 1 is reed converted. There will be plenty of head to head testing going on.

What is the difference between your old and new 750 popes? I bought your 750 pipe kit almost exactly 3 years ago and STILL haven't welded them up :wtf: All wrapped up in wax paper and lots of WD40, then stored in sealed baggies.

I would take another look at them to measure the belly's but they are out near Seattle and i am currently near Washington DC. How big are the old bellies? New?

The plan now is to build a "JYRG" style 2mm raised TMX38 750 so it will be VERY useful to see how both your old and new pipes get dynoed. I really want to get the best performance between 2500 and 8000 for a good torque street bike.

In that case, you may have a look into below thread. Yeah....I know it is some hours Reading time, but several skilled contributors to that thread. And Phil is now about to finish the "2mm raise ported TMX 38's mod", also described in the thread. So, now we are 4 (as far as I know) running that set-up: Neville Lush, Leo Molenaar, myself and Phil.
I now are running Denco pipes together With the set-up you wish, and she produce Close to 50 rwhp at 5000 rpm, so the midrange is great.
And off course.....I can still do a 5. gear launch from standstill without clutch abuse.

And I am (without having them dynoed) pretty sure that a set of WTF H2 torque pipes will suit Your wishes quite well.

http://kawasakitriples.myfastforum.org/ ... 10068.html

Jørgen

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:33 am 

Bitbuckit wrote:
demus wrote:
Walms wrote:

The old design has a 100mm belly and quite honestly I wouldn't consider it a torque pipe. The simulations show that pipe peaking at 8.5-9k, hence the new design.
The new design will peak 1k lower than the current pipe and has a belly diameter of 110mm

http://kawatriple.com/wtf/

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 12:01 pm 

Ok
They peaked at 8500-9000 using STOCK cylinders? In that case, it is about 1500 rpm more than Jolly. If so, they must be quite short regarding tuned length, and may suit a ported 5000 better than a ported 750.

110mm sounds goooooood. Lot's of volume, lot's of torque. Great!!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 1:49 pm 

They peak about 1k higher than the Jolly's. Keep in mind I'm quoting the differences on a simulator.
The new design hits peak at the same time as the Jolly's but gets better over rev.
We'll see if that's the case in reality!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 6:59 pm 

Walms wrote:
Bitbuckit wrote:
demus wrote:
Walms wrote:

The old design has a 100mm belly and quite honestly I wouldn't consider it a torque pipe. The simulations show that pipe peaking at 8.5-9k, hence the new design.
The new design will peak 1k lower than the current pipe and has a belly diameter of 110mm

Is there any way to upgrade an unwelded "Old" set to the newer 110mm design? Like swap the cones and belly for the newer design parts? I'd really like to have a more streetable/torquey bike.

72 H2 #5297, Charlie crank, WFT pipes, Wossners, TMS38, 15 plate Barnet, SyTech, Denco Pusher, KZ750 frt/rear,
EX500 discs, all LED, 73 Oil pump, Darth Oil check/springs, 75 2-3 shift fork
To Do: Squish, 2MM Lift, Portwork, Zeel

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 5:37 am 

I can take a look to see if it would worth while, but off the cuff, you could probably add 2" straight sections at the header and also add 2" in length to the belly without effecting the fit too much. It's something I can look into whether it's worth it to do power wise.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next