Kawi2strokes.com Forum

Enthusiasts from around the world dedicated to the preservation and ritual flogging of the infamous Kawasaki 2-stroke Triples
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:38 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 7:29 am 

I get so tired of winter at this point, we have been blessed by some spring like weather here in Wisconsin, which makes it worse!
The north east is taking a beating!!

Looking forward to riding weather :thumbup:
Putting some new tires on the H2.
Bought some Shinko's, I have them on another bike and like them a lot, so for $167.00 for front and rear shipped to my door I had to try them. I know most run the BT45, but I do really like the Shinko's on my other bike! and Im no racer so I can't tell the difference anyway :shh:
Seeing I am running 1986 gsxr rims I got a 120/70/18 front (Verge 011) and a 140/60/18 rear (Podium 006) both Aramid belted radial according to Shinko.
I have plans to shift to 17"rims and I have the rims but I like the looks of the gsxr wheels I have and there are just enough mods that need to be made to fit the 17" rims that at this point I opted not to do it this year.
The reason for wanting to change to 17" is the ride height with the mods I have is HIGH but the new tires will lower it by about an 1" or maybe a bit more I think.
The 17" would put it back to close to stock ride height but Im over 6' and have a 34" inseam so the height doesn't bother me.
Cant wait to try them out... the old Dunlop's are rock hard.

And Im going to be messing with the jetting again.
I purchased Jims new carb slide inserts to try, that should prove to be a venture in frustration for me :thumbup: :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 7:38 am 

Looking good, every thing about that bike looks well thought out and applied. :thumbup:

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 8:43 am 

I've lived here 60 years and this is the first time I can truly say I am sick of winter. It is going to take some time to thaw us out up here. I chipped ice for an hour yesterday to clear 10' of sidewalk. Winter doesn't usually leave here till April. :banghead

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 9:25 am 

That's such a nice H2. I look forward to hearing about the slide inserts.

You're right a bout spring for some, it was almost 80F here last Sunday, although our normal high is about 52 now.

For the record, the pair of Bridgestone BT45s I bought last fall were $166.76 delivered.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 3:13 pm 

Jim wrote:
That's such a nice H2. I look forward to hearing about the slide inserts.

You're right a bout spring for some, it was almost 80F here last Sunday, although our normal high is about 52 now.

For the record, the pair of Bridgestone BT45s I bought last fall were $166.76 delivered.

Thats a great price, where from?

The cheapest I found for the sizes I was looking into was $213.00 for the Bt45's
My decision wasn't on price alone, the extra wasn't that much more. I really do like the Shinko's on my other bike. Im not that great of a rider so pushing the limits is not really what I am up against.
We will see how they handle...

And thanks guys, I do like this bike a lot, its great fun and looks good too.
Ive been watching your build close Rod :thumbup: Great stuff, your blessed to live close to Nev also!

Now quit bragging about your weather Jim :evil: :P

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 5:21 pm 

I got them from jakewilson.com when Bridgestone was giving a $50 rebate. The guys at jakewilson handled all the rebate stuff, and I got a $50 prepaid Visa card in the mail. I posted about the rebate: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=12137 For all I know, it's still going on. :?:

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 7:17 pm 
Site Admin

I got the same deal when Jim originally posted it.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 10:21 pm 

Even without the discount they have great deals on tires.
I could have saved a couple more bucks :thumbup: