Kawi2strokes.com Forum

Enthusiasts from around the world dedicated to the preservation and ritual flogging of the infamous Kawasaki 2-stroke Triples
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:32 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 116 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12
PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 12:48 am 

Thanks Rod for the expliqea. Lol :D

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 11:48 am 

RODH2 wrote:
Translation: "scooter" is slang for any bike in the U.S., in Europe a scooter is a small wheeled, leg shielded city bike........ My French is nowhere near as good as J.P's English!! :thumbup:

You'right Rod. For this kind of scooter :D there're a few in the market new. Higgspeed in UK and perhaps Jim from lakeland :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 7:59 pm 

Gonna bring points cover, couple other aluminum test parts over to my buddy's shop (he has a larger blast cabinet and nicer one than I do) and see how it comes out. He is running more like walnuts shells in his machine opposed to glass beads. Before I go through heads, jugs, cases. Will post how it comes out.........

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 6:45 pm 

Fabreezai wrote:
Any advice on after market exhaust systems for my scooter? Manufacturers, opinions on systems?

His vendor thread has been a bit quiet lately, but Andrew (walms) was selling rolled "kits" that you would weld up (or have someone else competent weld), which might be a consideration for your project, since it would require customizing the configuration to fit your frame, suspension, etc.

http://kawi2strokes.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=397

Or I suppose you could cut and reweld current new chambers on the market, or even a good used set.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 7:11 pm 

Have you settled down on the configuration yet? Will it be needing custom pipes, or will standard ones fit?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 5:37 pm 

Jim wrote:
Have you settled down on the configuration yet? Will it be needing custom pipes, or will standard ones fit?

I have not yet Jim, I'm going to assume some custom pipes. I have been on the hunt for a 94' or so gsx600 rolling chassi, but have not gotten one yet. Guess it will be one of those I'll know what it will be when I get it. :wtf: I'll let you know when I get it, for now I'm going to work on going through the engine.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 116 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12