Kawi2strokes.com Forum

Enthusiasts from around the world dedicated to the preservation and ritual flogging of the infamous Kawasaki 2-stroke Triples
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:24 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Last ride of the season?
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 6:07 am 

I left the office early Friday afternoon just to ride bikes; the temperature was amazing + 23 celsius (last of September, should be closer to 10) and made short trips with almost all of them. I saved the best, H2 ride for yesterday.
The weather was changing, it was still clear blue sky but the wind started to blow from north and highs were just +12 and bloody cold wind. And of course i did not have all the cold weather gears on me, just a thin goretex jacket, thin gloves and jeans.

The amazing thing was that the bike ran so nicely that I just couldn't stop riding, burned almost 3 tanks of fuel and kept on going. Performance was +10, just got better and better the colder it was. It was +8 when i finally, very late, arrived back home. Got to do something with the temperature and moist air, definitely the best triple ride during the whole year! Usually, or especially in mid-summer, after a long ride, the engine starts to act as "tired", probably getting too warm. So I just couldn't stop. :D :D . I think 2-strokes are at their best in winter!?

And the i got the cold, in spite of the correct treatment (HOT sauna). Could't sleep well and today probably some fewer, did not bother to measure (yet). Weather forecast says from now on freezing nights and max +8 during daytime.

So it is going to be a long, long winter... :cry: :cry:

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 8:00 am 

maybe your jetting is alittle rich?

i think im gonna put away the bike when we start to see freezing here in oslo. im NOT looking forward to it. :(

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 8:11 am 

Kawasaki 2-strokes like the cooler, denser air, [so do most engines!] It seems a bit more dramatic on a triple due to their inherent inefficiencies (engine wise).

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 12:05 pm 

Sounds like you had a great day Esa.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 12:47 am 

Sverre, jetting is from -75, all original and Rod i think you are correct, triples do love certain type of air.
Steve thanks a great day but the sad thing is when it's going to be the next great day :?