Kawi2strokes.com Forum

Enthusiasts from around the world dedicated to the preservation and ritual flogging of the infamous Kawasaki 2-stroke Triples
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:36 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: The race bike to be.
PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 5:02 pm 

BUGGER, I've been enjoying this thread mate, you can upload pics from your computer using the add file just resize them using the Windows photo veiwer, to resize click on the thumbnail you'll see the resize tab after you right click on the thumbnail and click on edit.

I ditched photobucket also and now use the add file thingy.

Also I have a few H2 parts that should fit your H1, you're welcome to them if I can help.

1973 H2-A
2000 F650GS BMW

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 5:26 pm 

That's funny, Baz... I have no idea how long that feature has been available on the board, but I'm so used to the recommendation of using an external hosting site that I never thought attaching a file would allow photos to be directly posted to the board. :?

Attachment:
ga_dt100_left_side.jpg

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 5:42 pm 
Site Admin

From what I have been told, picture hear take up a lot of bandwidth. And not a good thing I guess? :wtf:

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 6:42 pm 

Ja-Moo wrote:
From what I have been told, picture hear take up a lot of bandwidth. And not a good thing I guess? :wtf:

Yes that's why it's a good idea to resize to 800 x 600 or lower, keeps the bandwidth down, you can also copy and paste the photo once it's up and then paste it back up as a JPG using the IMG tags.

EDIT; OK that doesn't work if you cancel the photo upload from your computer, I just tried to do it and it didn't work :roll:

But now that it's there, you can copy and paste it elsewhere instead of re-uploading it.

1973 H2-A
2000 F650GS BMW

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 7:05 pm 

Ja-Moo wrote:

I guess it would be good to hear from Jeff (or Dale?) about photo storage space and any limits to monthly data transfer on the site's server. It's sure a lot easier for me to put an occasional photo directly into a post than have to get it on PB and then link to it there.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 7:24 pm 

Jim wrote:
Ja-Moo wrote:

I guess it would be good to hear from Jeff (or Dale?) about photo storage space and any limits to monthly data transfer on the site's server. It's sure a lot easier for me to put an occasional photo directly into a post than have to get it on PB and then link to it there.

I'm happy to go with whatever is decided, and take the pics down if need be, I can find another way

1973 H2-A
2000 F650GS BMW

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 4:47 pm 

Thought I would update.
Engine work is all basically done. Medium porting, squish band is good now. o-ring for gasket. Got and overhauled then bench tested a oil pump. Carbs are here, manifolds are done. Tight fit though! And of coarse new wossners are in. Compression is set. What a performance that was. HPI iggy installed and all wiring done, kicked over, have spark. Engine just needs a bit of finishing off, I will do that when I remove it for paint. Paint is really what I am concentrating on now, well finishing all welding/bracketing so I can strip it down for painting then final Assy. As you can see ive raised the engine. Chambers is what I am working on now and rear brakes and any welding on frame I can think of.
Hope I don't miss anything! Done a heap of other stuff as you can see. Built the wheels myself, wasn't straight forward, but I knew it wouldn't be. The reason the bars are like that is I am 6foot4 and that puts me further forward for better handling as well.
Still lots to do, but on target for August for running in.

[imghttp://i1099.photobucket.com/albums/g382/coops5/DSC00188_zpsycbw4ils.jpg[/img]

Last edited by COOPS on Fri May 26, 2017 5:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 4:49 pm 

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 7:33 pm 

Looking good Coops...Have you got a tyre shop!? I'm a bit shorter than you, I wouldn't be able to reach those bars! Interesting project! :thumbup:

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 8:13 pm 

RODH2 wrote:
Looking good Coops...Have you got a tyre shop!? I'm a bit shorter than you, I wouldn't be able to reach those bars! Interesting project! :thumbup:

I wish! Na, theyre probably the best tyre you can get for 18" rims. rear medium 130 cantilever. Front 110 soft compound. And they are soft, softer than my Pirelli superbike slicks. Not cheap tho. $800 for the pair. Should get a season out of them. Only get three days out of the Pirellis.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next