Kawi2strokes.com Forum

Enthusiasts from around the world dedicated to the preservation and ritual flogging of the infamous Kawasaki 2-stroke Triples
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:19 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Travel report
PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 10:57 pm 

I just came back from Shanghai yesterday and now in Bangkok, for few days only. Bit cloudy and +32 celsius. Finally got my laptop working properly! So everything ok and back online!

Yes and thanks for lifting my picture up to masthead ! :thumbup:

Post subject: Re: Travel report
PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 10:43 am 

...and update.

This is the only Kawasaki which is around here, it looks like a 100 cc workhorse although there are more and more scooters now:

And later on this evening we went to famous Patpong area. My wife took the pic, i was just looking inside you can imagine the place.... but it is not as bad as in Reeperbahn (Hamburg) or Paris, sorry JP, where you can lose serious money. Here you have a beer, see the ping pong -show and perhaps pay less than 20 $... of course i did not enter, i know this stuff. I am the guy with blue shirt behind the guys who were running in...

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 11:39 am 
Site Admin

smokin wrote:

Yes and thanks for lifting my picture up to masthead ! :thumbup:

Great shot! :thumbup:

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 11:48 am 

Does that sign really say "Super Pussy"?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 11:57 am 

Jim wrote:

Would you prefer it to say supper is pussy... :lol:

http://kawatriple.com/wtf/

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 12:58 pm 

Walms wrote:
Jim wrote:

Would you prefer it to say supper is pussy... :lol:

It does say that...just a typical typo. So not only is there no strip joint, but you also get a tough, stringy dinner that doesn't taste like chicken.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 9:18 pm 

Take the mangrove boat tour and stop at the snake farm !!!!!! Pretty cool seeing the Cobra show close up.You will be sitting about 2 feet from live cobra's........The Thai's put them in a sack and beet the cr%p out of them then let them out of the sack right in front of you.Pretty funny to see the cobras come out of the sack pretty P$ssed off and all puffed up !!!!!!!! I heard alot of guys and girls really like the Thai cooking school.The Oriental Hotel has a pretty good Buffet.Siam square has some pretty good cheap massages !!!!!!!!! I went to the weekend market a couple of months ago.Lots of junk but pretty cool to see !!!!!! Have fun !!!!! Patpong is crazy,what can I say !!!!!!! Have fun !!!!!!!!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 4:52 am 

Jim wrote:

Yes it does there are many pussy-places around Patpong, mostly innocent fun for tourists... but crazy !

Saint Barry, great to hear you have been here also and did like it! I lost my heart to Bangkok already in -84 when i had my first biz trip here. We bought a place here already 6 years ago and this country has been our run away place since, escape from winter. Thai cooking can still surprise us sometimes... you know. Had my 50 years party at Oriental Hotel.. great but expensive. My wife eats practically everything, even on the streets so I am usually joking her eating dry bats :lol: Weekend market, Satuchak is well known as well as the floating market. Pity they closed down the Suan Lum night bazaar !
And thanks a lot, we try to enjoy but we will fly out tomorrow evening... did some shopping today, visited Siam Paragon, huge downtown mall and Central World, the biggest mall in South East Asia.

Leaving from condo, the small boat approaching is our connection to other side of Chao Praya river. Big hotel next to us is Shangri-La, behind the bridge:

Last shopping call was MBK, a huge place you can find everything:

and i found a small printing house and started the preparations for H2 40 years rally already, cheap cheap stickers to my van:

It seems that it is going to be heavy thunderstorm tonight but if no, then we will go to Kaosan road to take a look, i ve seen there members of Immortals, a local Harley gang. Interesting looking bikes and guys. Try to take some pics, will be my last post from here if i manage to get those pics.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 2:38 am 

Sorry guys no pics out of Immortals, the Thai Bad Boys gang. Angels are completely prohibited so this is the equivalent. But too heavy thunderstorm and rain so we did not go.
Now, after 10 hours flight back home. End of the report :lol: