Kawi2strokes.com Forum

Enthusiasts from around the world dedicated to the preservation and ritual flogging of the infamous Kawasaki 2-stroke Triples
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:57 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2021 6:10 pm 

I finally got off my butt and got 4 bikes registered via Vermont. 2 (73 H2 & &2 H1)who's titles had been stolen from me prior to me putting in my name after truck was stolen, another 73 H2 frame for my project and my 97 Africa twin I brought back from Belgium that they never sold here. They have made it easier due to covid right now. Bikes 500cc and over need VIN inspection usually but it is being waved currently . I did use Motorecycle to get it done for me which not the cheapest way but done now. About 3 weeks for the plates and another 2 for tabs for 2 and waiting for other 2. Can now ride my AT without Belgian plates and be able to get project on the road within a couple of months. Just thought I would mention it for folks possibly looking to get it done as the Process easy right now

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2021 6:09 pm 

So we would complete the top part of this form https://www.motorecyclenow.com/uploads/2/8/7/2/2872658/new_power_of_attorney.pdf, down through the Date of Birth, leaving the rest blank, and then send it to them with the other documents, and fees, and that's it?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2021 9:09 pm 

You put your name , date of birth and sign that form in front of a notary. Then you need to submit a copy of your drivers license, fill out their application form and submit a bill of sale as well. They are waving the VIN verification due to COVID currently. You fax those 4 items to them. They will send a bill with their fee plus the total for the Vermont DMV fee. As long as vehicle was not registered in your home state currently you should be good to go. I got the tabs for all 4 of my bikes this weekend and the plates a copy of weeks ago.

Well worth it to me considering 3 of the 4 bikes were 750s which needed the VIN verification and one of them was an import from Belgium I brought home in 2019. Good luck

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2021 9:33 pm 

What's the cost above the usual local total? Doing the NC bonded title was the usual NC fees plus $100 to the title bonding company.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2021 2:56 pm 

Thank you for ALL that info h2smokin - I believe I'm also going to attempt to go this route for both my KH750 hybrid project as well as my completely disassembled '69 H1.

My DMV told me prior to the pandemic that I needed a VIN verification from the CHP which I got done, but when I returned they told me I also needed a Lamp & Brake inspection cert, and a bonded title I think it was! The bike isn't even wired yet! And...tell me all of this on either of my first two visits, not my third! :e4

But again, thanks! :thumbup:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2021 9:00 pm 

All total it was about $1100 for all 4 bikes Jim. All of the bikes were taxed at nada value if I remember by Vermont. Not bad for me considering the ease of someone else doing it. I did not want a bonded title on any of them. With COVID I could not even get anyone to come by including the local police to inspect them. This was easiest route since I also plan on getting rid of one of them. I will get a AZ title for the one I want to sell. The others I will just leave as is. So many snowbirds here that no one will ever notice