Kawi2strokes.com Forum

Enthusiasts from around the world dedicated to the preservation and ritual flogging of the infamous Kawasaki 2-stroke Triples
It is currently Sat Jun 08, 2024 10:29 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 5:02 pm 

A nice Sunday ride and a Wheelie that Looped over at 70 mph, Mesh jacket and jeans
slid 150'. OUCH

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 7:19 pm 

Why in the world do you guys wear leather ??? Gezzz...leather is as hot as you can get !
A good air-flow mesh jacket is hardly much wamer than a T-shirt.

I wear all the gear all the time....I've even taken to wearing knee/shin protectors which are easy on/off. But when it gets above 95F I tend to use a cage with A/C.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 8:48 pm 

dave c wrote:
A nice Sunday ride and a Wheelie that Looped over at 70 mph, Mesh jacket and jeans
slid 150'. OUCH

Ouch is right! What did the jacket look like?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:34 am 

Dave C, OUCH ! , looks bad!

husson73 wrote:
not me already hit 260 KPH on speedo with my Ducati 996( german highways) with just a tee shirt, was 35 ° celsius, had hemet, gloves and... trouser :lol: :mrgreen:

I was listening the other evening when couple of BMW S1000RR guys were sharing their experiences about riding on german autobahns with their tuned bikes, road police stopped them because they radared 309 km/h uphill speeds.. on Kassel hill between Hamburg and Frankfurt. Not because of speeding but they wanted to know what they have done to their bikes, factory promise is 299/hour. We were there also this summer, with our van max 130/hour.. it is a looong hill..

I did not know you are one of those crazy guys JP, i guess it is the same what you wear at those speeds..

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 2:23 am 

dave c wrote:
slid 150'. OUCH

Just so no one thinks that their wranglers will protect them as well as Dave's pants save his butt. Cortech are riding "gear".

$100 pants that have

"Perforated Brazilian leather panels are used as lining in the impact areas to provide added protection".

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:37 pm 

bob wrote:
dave c wrote:
slid 150'. OUCH

Just so no one thinks that their wranglers will protect them as well as Dave's pants save his butt. Cortech are riding "gear". ( GUYS NAME IS PAT. THAT WASN;T ME)

$100 pants that have

"Perforated Brazilian leather panels are used as lining in the impact areas to provide added protection".

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:02 pm 

Maybe it's time for me to stop thinking that Levi's are offering much leg protection.....

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:38 pm 

Jim C wrote:
Maybe it's time for me to stop thinking that Levi's are offering much leg protection.....

What ever made you think that they would?

Don

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 7:33 am 

I'll check into the cortech pants, I've heard the draggin jeans are good also.My days of 70 mph wheelies never happened, I only wheelied on my dirtbikes.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 8:12 am 

+1 for draggin jeans - they are a bit crap to walk around in but feel great on the bike . Haven't tested them yet.......!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next