Kawi2strokes.com Forum

Enthusiasts from around the world dedicated to the preservation and ritual flogging of the infamous Kawasaki 2-stroke Triples
It is currently Sun May 12, 2024 10:35 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 113 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 10:01 pm 
Site Admin

I would like to see the factory where they applied the "lactate"............. :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 10:24 pm 

Ja-Moo wrote:
I would like to see the factory where they applied the "lactate"............. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I HATE this applemac piece of Sh** it auto corrects my typing, I'm reasonably proficient in the use of the English language and don't need the effing spell check thingy so rarely check what I type . . . I KNOW I typed LOCTITE! :banghead :banghead :banghead

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 10:55 pm 
Site Admin

But, that's not near as funny! :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 10:58 pm 

. . . . Yeah . . . You're correct :roll:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 11:37 pm 

YES, photos of the lactate stuff please?

Awesome weekend Rick, many thanks to you and Lisa as always man.
Have a good trip over to the other side.

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 3:52 am 

The next thing you usually find after using that a bar that long is ...... a left hand thread :D

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 4:32 am 

Just went through the same thing on my GMC this weekend. :banghead Didnt have quite that big of a breaker bar......but, it was close. Same lactate tho, :clap: First GM truck that I was not able to remove one of the 2 pins and roll it up to change the pads???? :crazy:

Looks like you guys had a great time, sorry I missed it.......... again. Happy Birthday Rick

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 9:00 am 

Just did the back brakes on my van last week (in anticipation that I would be able to make the drive over :cry: )

I figured it would take me 2 hours tops to replace the rotors and pads, but NOPE!...everything was siezed or rusted up!!

I ended up having to replace the caliper brackets, pins, hardware, emergency brake shoes, etc.
Nobody carried ALL of the parts, so I ended up running around town buying from FOUR different places. One place had the brackets, one place had two rotors in stock, another for the little rubber dust boots....etc.

Turned into a 6 hour day, not including the hour of trying to SMASH one of the rotors off that had rust-welded itself to the hub.

107,xxx miles since the last time the rear brakes were touched though. So I guess I can't complain too badly

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:28 am 
Site Admin

No one told Rick about replacing the dust boots, and that was a time eater. After all that, the left front that was grinding badly didn't get done..... :roll:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 1:16 pm 

Heating will help with loctited bolts, but I think that would destroy the boots if not already toast. besides three men and a pipe method doesn't start any unwanted fires :o

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 113 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next