Kawi2strokes.com Forum

Enthusiasts from around the world dedicated to the preservation and ritual flogging of the infamous Kawasaki 2-stroke Triples
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:51 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 7:40 pm 

If so, my 2nd question is, does the city of Monterey close off Cannery Row on Saturday afternoon/evening like they've traditionally done for the MotoGP race held at the same track - Mazda Raceway/Laguna Seca? Since they announced late last year that the MotoGP won't be brought back to the track, I was hoping we could park and hang out on a closed-to-motorcycles-only Cannery Row for this "other" race, which is scheduled for the July 11-13 2014 weekend http://www.mazdaraceway.com/fim-superbike-world-championship-0.

I had emailed the Monterey County Convention & Visitors Bureau back in January of this year with this response:

Cannery Row has not yet announced if they will close all street access to motorcycles during the FIM World Superbike. Last year they hosted a “Race Night on the Row” when Superbike was in Monterey September 2013 and am assuming they will hold it again this year, especially since Moto GP will not be returning in 2014.

From this email, I'm not sure if "Race Night on the Row" means closed to motorcycles only...? I plan to email them again later this month, and if no definitive answer, will email yet again in May or June. But in the meantime, anyone have any input about this other annual race? Maybe someone who is also on the BARF forum can pose this question there as well, as I'm assuming some of those riders may have attended this race in the past? Thanks!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 12:27 pm 

I went to most or all of the WSB events at Laguna in the ten years they had them 1995-2004. Cannery Row always had the bikes only thing going. One year they had Gary Rothwell do his stunt show there in addition to the ones at the track. :clap:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 12:54 pm 

strokerface wrote:
I went to most or all of the WSB events at Laguna in the ten years they had them 1995-2004. Cannery Row always had the bikes only thing going. One year they had Gary Rothwell do his stunt show there in addition to the ones at the track. :clap:

Hmm, that sounds very promising about Cannery Row then... :think: Thank you for that information. :thumbup: