Kawi2strokes.com Forum

Enthusiasts from around the world dedicated to the preservation and ritual flogging of the infamous Kawasaki 2-stroke Triples
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:05 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 12:04 am 

Central, northern Ca and beyond, who's got something with 2 wheels AND RUNNING and wants to meet either Saturday the 15th or Sunday the 16th...weather permitting, to kick off the riding season? Dave is game, my H2 is running as usual, Glen, Danny, Garry, any others from past meets?

Last year's scolding on Cannery Row. 8-)

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 1:11 am 

I am ready, either day. Dave today, said something about a get together. My Bike is running sweet, clutch can't handle all the power. Work on that once fully broken in. Every day has been riding weather. Rained once or twice in the last 2 months. 65-80 degrees, sunny. Got a little sun burned today.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 12:09 pm 

First I would love to come there but 2 probs. First no truck to bring bike up there with Second is bike runs but it sounds like a major compersion leak when riding it. :banghead bike starts very easy and runs ok besides that :|

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 3:55 pm 

Cheaper than a truck or van, though legally you're supposed to drive 55mph, though most drive speed of traffic or 60-65 at the slowest I've noticed). This one appears for wider tires, but they have narrower too, and many different manufacturers other than this.

http://www.amazon.com/Ultra-Tow-Single-Rail-Folding-Motorcycle-3806S084/dp/B004QHEE6O

Hope you get that issue figured out with your bike.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 4:48 pm 

Put me down I was out yesterday it was in
The 70s today it finally is raining

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 7:28 pm 

Just throwing this out there - never rode this route before, but found it through a quick search. If not this time around, possibly in the future.

http://www.motowhere.com/maps/route/lucas-valley-and-route-1

Here's the route, starting at Lucas Valley Road.

But possibly a better initial meeting place might be down at the route's ending point, where anyone who's thinking of hauling from a greater distance, southern CA or up north, could choose accommodations right at that area.

So from there we first jump on the hwy :eh: for an approximate 12 mile jaunt to the starting point, then enjoy the ride.

When we reach the end, we can even get a bite to eat and hang out at the Buckeye Roadhouse before we each head back home.

Again, just a thought for a possible future ride. :wave:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 11:09 am 

Newb here. I got a GT550 a few months ago, currently swapping out the crank seals. Would be interested in riding with a few other people. Another buddy just got an H1 that might be in SF by that time. Please update here if you're doing this ride!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 1:22 pm 

Arne wrote:
Newb here. I got a GT550 a few months ago, currently swapping out the crank seals. Would be interested in riding with a few other people. Another buddy just got an H1 that might be in SF by that time. Please update here if you're doing this ride!

Welcome aboard. Weather permitting, we will be doing a ride. Looking forward to seeing your GT.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 3:32 pm 

Cool. Here it is:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 5:08 pm 

Looking Good.

Are those Jemcos? I'm saving for a set for the GT185 twin I picked up back in Dec. 8-)