Kawi2strokes.com Forum

Enthusiasts from around the world dedicated to the preservation and ritual flogging of the infamous Kawasaki 2-stroke Triples
It is currently Mon May 13, 2024 7:08 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 7:49 pm 

If you have some free days come volunteer for the vintage races. Free camping all weekend and two passes. You can help one, two or three half days(mornings or afternoons). See you all there. If you need assistance getting signed up just give me a IM.

Volunteer here.

https://events.cuetoems.com/bvf_2013/Lo ... dium=email

Plan on heading to the Gap after Barbers for a couple of days. Anyone else have the same idea?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 7:15 am 

WHOA !!!
Thanks for the reminder....I gotta get my hotel reservations..... :crazy:

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 4:07 pm 

VERY sore point :( Flight booked, ready to head there, but the container I loaded 3 weeks ago should be here next week . . . . However, "Customs" have only just looked at the paperwork, it has now missed 3 boats and I have $1,500 in storage (x2), they have pulled it because the Suzuki TM400 does not have a title, even though the notorised bil of sale CLEARLY states that it is an "Off road competition bike and a title is not required" :banghead :banghead and now it looks like my flight out is down the pan - "Incompetence" (at best) has now cost me $6,000 . . . . But this will make you smile, after this year, I personally won't be sending any more bikes out of the U.S.A. . . it's getting WAY too much hard work dealing with the paper shufflers . . .and I am REALLY biting my lip before I go on a total rant :roll:

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 11:09 pm 

I'll be camped out in the swap meet area again this year...

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 9:51 am 

R.B. wrote:
But this will make you smile, after this year, I personally won't be sending any more bikes out of the U.S.A. . .

:o sounds like a major shift. Is this a quiet leak of information regarding a step change about to happen Rick :shock:

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 2:08 pm 

I believe that my Barber trip plans have fallen apart on me this year. I will most likely have one of the PREMIERE Hilltop RV parking sites up for sale. Center spot, overlooking the track/pits. These are more or less reserved spots, I get it every year for the Vintage Weekend, and I've already paid for it. PM me if you're interested. I'll be posting it on several forums so don't delay if want/need a spot. You don't have to have an RV to park there...nor are there any electrical or water hookups for an RV either, you must be self contained.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 4:34 pm 

Hal wrote:
R.B. wrote:
But this will make you smile, after this year, I personally won't be sending any more bikes out of the U.S.A. . .

:o sounds like a major shift. Is this a quiet leak of information regarding a step change about to happen Rick :shock:

I quote my customers prices before I ship bikes, based on a regular price, my current container that just landed cost $5,000 more, because some "jobsworth" in New York, shuffling papers that had a bad weekend . . . Flagged up a Motorcross bike that didn't have a title . . . and then I had to prove why it didn't have One . . . (meanwhile the container I shipped the day before that had FIVE motorcross bikes in sailed straight through . .) WAY too much beaurocracy and paperwork for a person of my age .. and then a MASSIVE amount of new paperwork to do when it gets to the U.K. I am pretty much done with it . . . gonna sell piccies of topless girls on Triples for a living on Ebay instead :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 5:41 pm 

R.B. wrote:
I am pretty much done with it . . . gonna sell piccies of topless girls on Triples for a living on Ebay instead :lol: [/b]

Can I take the pictures????
HUH?
HUH?
HUH?

;)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 10:46 am 

I was there yesterday and I've got the sun burnt neck to prove it.....

There were the usual range of Triples for sale in the swap meet, some minters and some mingers!