Kawi2strokes.com Forum

Enthusiasts from around the world dedicated to the preservation and ritual flogging of the infamous Kawasaki 2-stroke Triples
It is currently Thu May 09, 2024 9:45 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: No trophy, but a winner.
PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 11:25 pm 

So I owned an H1 back in the 80's when I lived in New York. (I posted a photo below) I sold it 10 years or so later.
I recently purchased another example via eBay, pretty close to the one I had back in the day. (you guys missed this listing?)
First time showing it at a local bike meet, it took popular vote over some very nice rides of all manufacture.
Thought you may want a peek, as I never posted any photos when I registered with your site.

The link is to the photos of my current ride from last Sunday's Meet and their website.
They wrote a small article and took about 20 photos for their site. Hope you guys approve. Mike

http://www.vintagebikeoc.com/home/index.php

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:00 am 

Hey Mike your almost local to me. I went to the Beach Burgers Vintage bike show several years ago. They
always seem to have a good turn out. You ever ride Ortega Hwy with the H1? I use to commute on Ortega
so I don't ride it anymore since I've driven it 1000's of times. Ron

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:31 am 

Hey Mike, congrats and its nice to see a picture of your H1 man.
She looks nice and its my 2nd favorite H1 color. (charcoal is my fav)

Be careful with that Ron fella though, he probably just wants you to share that 20 dollar burger certificate with him after the ride.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

I hope the shirts were up to snuff.

Steve

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 9:11 pm 

Ron. The Ortega scares me. Be really sketchy on a triple.
When I get some balls, we'll have to meet up sometime.

Steve. The shirts came quick, the poster too. Already up on the wall.
The black was fine, the grey was printed off center, so that one went in the trash.
No problem though dude. I appreciate you going out of your way for me.
Be all over anything you have in the future. Mike

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 9:54 pm 

I used to ride the Ortega all the time on my street hot rod H2. Then, every squid on both a crotch rocket and cruiser, along with "bikers" on Harley choppers totally ruined the ride. It is one thing to ride fast and be careful, then, there is the ego rider, one in way, way over their head, that always gets either killed, or hurt, along with causing issues for everyone else on the roads. Same thing happened at Turnbull Canyon Road between Whittier and the other side of the hill. Santiago Canyon, the same. Just too many squids brought out every CHP and law enforcement person that was on duty. Same with Alice's Restaurant at the corner of Hwy's 9 and 84 above San Jose.

Here in Northern Nevada, there are some really great roads, some on flat land, some over mountain passes, all with no real speed limits. The NHP usually just cautions when someone gets pulled over, not really a problem. since I have a couple of race licenses, I usually get a gab fest and a "Ride safe", and launched back on my way. It also doesn't hurt that I work on just about every police person's bikes and personal watercraft as well, plus work as a volunteer forestry service fire fighter too.

Today's Ortega Hwy scares the daylights out of me, too.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 10:47 pm 

fastmike wrote:
The link is to the photos of my current ride from last Sunday's Meet and their website.
They wrote a small article and took about 20 photos for their site. Hope you guys approve. Mike

Mike, it's good to have you here. It's not about whether or not we approve, but rather how much you like your triple. Set it up the way you want it, and ride the heck out of it!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:04 pm 

Thanks Jim, well said. I do like my bike with the fairly stock look. Although I admire even the most radical track versions too. I'll add lower bars and chambers down the road. I only weigh in at 165 and prefer to be over the tank a bit more. (keep that front wheel down) Right now, I'm just trying to learn again and get it running at it's best before any adds. Ironing out some mechanical kinks and just getting familiar with the power band thrill again. That may never happen, but I'm okay with scaring myself every now and again. It's been 20+ years since I had a triple under my ass. The '75 H1 is the only motorcycle I have ever ridden, outside of a friends H2. If it does become the norm, I can always move up to a 750 and a whole new thrill. Blast from the past photo, early 80's. I'm the stick on the left with the H1, my two friends with their H2's, Nassau Coliseum, NY.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 5:16 am 

lovely ace bar :thumbup: