Kawi2strokes.com Forum

Enthusiasts from around the world dedicated to the preservation and ritual flogging of the infamous Kawasaki 2-stroke Triples
It is currently Tue Jun 04, 2024 8:04 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 3:57 pm 

Here is some pictures from the Norwegian Triples Rally last weekend. I think we were about 110-120 total people there over the whole weekend, maybe 20 were from Sweden, Germany and England plus one guy from Denmark. David Higgs, Simon Lister and Adrian "Kas750" where over as well. All in all an Awesome meeting of likeminded people. 68 triples, some zeds, KT250, kv75, mt1, two RD500, z1300 etc etc.. pretty cool.

these are higgspeeds pictures, hope he dont mind me sharing them on here.

http://s238.photobucket.com/user/HIGGSP ... t=3&page=1

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 5:36 pm 
Site Admin

How Cool! Looks like you all had a great time!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 6:34 pm 

Great pictures. It looks like it was a lot of fun and beautiful landscape! Thanks for posting them.

75 H1
78 CB400II Hawk
78 KE175

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 8:32 pm 

There are some talented guys over there. Lots of great looking custom builds.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 2:05 am 

Yeah it was really great! Heres my bike in front of my tent, i was almost the rattiest bike there hehe.. low speed coil was shot so i had to roll start it and lost one side cover going 100-110mph while heading down there, the guys i rode with found it tho, luckily.. Still rode it 200 miles that weekend.

I think that the reason why there are so many great custom bikes is that everyone have a really nice H2 etc, so to stand out you really have to do something wild.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 5:05 am 

Let me guess, you lost the LEFT side-cover! :lol: There were a few gold '72's here in Australia, maybe 1 in 50! (The rest were BLUE, of course!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 5:38 am 

Looks like serious tenting going on.....is everyone tenting or are you guys at a hotel ?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 5:52 am 

RODH2 wrote:
Let me guess, you lost the LEFT side-cover! :lol: There were a few gold '72's here in Australia, maybe 1 in 50! (The rest were BLUE, of course!

hehe yeah, i dont think i would have been able to loose the right one without prying on it. Mine was blue from the factory, but some guy gave it a gold coat sometime long ago. i Think it were more even about blue\gold bikes here in norway, but i dont know for sure. Ståle Malnes probably does.

Ric: most people were tenting, there are some cabins for rent aporx 2 km from the site, but i think its better just to sleep there in a tent. The brits and the Germans got a cabin tho. i know i would have problems doing the right thing if i had 2km to go by dirt road in the middle of the night, piss drunk and carrying the keys to my bike in my pocket.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 7:25 am 

Great pics :clap: Sverre you got a nice looking H2 8-) gold :thumbup: looks like perfect weather too

1974 Yamaha RD350

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 5:08 pm 

Jackman wrote:
Great pics :clap: Sverre you got a nice looking H2 8-) gold :thumbup: looks like perfect weather too

Thanks, Jackman! Weather was superb! only a half an hour of rain on saturday, but when it was time to go home on sunday we got the worst weather i have ever ridden in. cray rain, thunder, lightning and hail.

Some of you U.S guys should come over next year. :thumbup: