Kawi2strokes.com Forum

Enthusiasts from around the world dedicated to the preservation and ritual flogging of the infamous Kawasaki 2-stroke Triples
It is currently Tue May 14, 2024 4:58 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 9:42 am 

great shots 4Esa with youir pictures of Crussel's bike during the race :thumbup:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:19 am 

Yes it was a great weekend to meet ESA his wife, JP, Götz and all the others. also it's always very nice to go to the vintage races. Normally our friend Jürgen W. is also there for race with one of his fantastic race bikes. He was the rider of the original KR at the parade lap.

All the best from Germany
Ralf

Esa, the German Triples Meeting is from the 17. to 19. of August. Not far away from Frankfurt, I think around 60 km's. On Saturday we normally have our drag race on small airports, where Leo always tried to catch the German trophy (one or two, H1/H2). It would be nice to see you there again.
Do you have a triples meeting in Finnland? Perhaps next year we like to come over there.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 4:28 am 

can't sadly doing the german meeting thuis year :( unless....

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 5:48 am 

Yes so many new friends and Ralf, it was pleasure meeting you and your wife (who was fast on the track, I saw her few times) and great to get the German connection.
Unfortunately we will be in Bordeaux area at German Rally time, this is the annual wine pick-up trip and the distance between Bordeaux and Frankfurt is 1150 kms so we cannot make it this year. But if its going to be at the same time next year we will defenitely come over - and with bike, now the van is reserved for wine only.

There is no Triples Rally in Finland (wonder why?) but a Classic Bike Weekend, now, 6. - 8.7. where our Classic Kawasaki Club Finland usually go. Most of the club members have 4-strokes so its not real fun for us but many bikes anyway.

Lets plan next summer carefully!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 6:38 am 

I am just looking at the rally sticker Esa sent me, and drinking some good red wine! Thanks to all for the pictures and reports! :thumbup:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 7:51 am 

It's now time for overseas or/and downunder guys to plan for the 50 th anniversary in Europe.
You just come, we will find H2 and bed (but you still pay petrol and oil!!! :lol: )
30 years was at Monthléry track in France,
40 years was at Spa track in Belgium, :clap:
wonder where could be done the 50th years :?: .
BTW some guys and bikes have done the 30 and the 40th years anniversary :thumbup:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 8:08 am 

If I am alive, I will be there........! I have been to Paris twice, J.P. - but I did not see your H1! :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 8:55 am 

RODH2 wrote:
If I am alive, I will be there........! I have been to Paris twice, J.P. - but I did not see your H1! :lol:
you didn't but years ago seen a picture done my a US guy, member of the old US forum, of my 69 and before I answered was mine and next time scream Kawasaki triple as my office was and still the next door, other members said should be husson73 cause who else was using a 69 H1 as commuter in Paris.
Same happened with a KTC UK club member on old Rick Brett board ;) 8-) :mrgreen:
The fact my office isn't very far from Eiffel tower helps a lot.
If a board member walking in Paris see a K triple and a 73 Z1 green and yellow parking both, should be me and my office partner :twisted:
don't forget scream Kawasaki triple and hope I will hear you :P

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:09 pm 

[quote="Ralf Gille"]Some more pics from the Sundays triples run at the track, before they started,
Regards
Ralf

Wow what a cracker :thumbup: Nice bike too :lol: , go girl you can ride that with the best of em ;)

Kawasaki Triples Queued up for 4 laps of Spa Circuit The whole of europe queuing up for our big moment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3cuz-rwQDI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=en ... 35JWvIO3_Q

Here's Rick's lap:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kYb2pWxP ... e=youtu.be

Care of RB Video Productions The SPSG Riding Home on The E42 Highway back to Old Blighty Monday 02/07/2012

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iLDYANAS ... ure=relmfu

:mrgreen: Thanks for the memories, heres looking forward to the next European Triples Tour :thumbup:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 10:53 am 

husson73 wrote:
RODH2 wrote:
you didn't but years ago seen a picture done my a US guy, member of the old US forum, of my 69 and before I answered was mine and next time scream Kawasaki triple as my office was and still the next door, other members said should be husson73 cause who else was using a 69 H1 as commuter in Paris.
Same happened with a KTC UK club member on old Rick Brett board ;) 8-) :mrgreen:
The fact my office isn't very far from Eiffel tower helps a lot.
If a board member walking in Paris see a K triple and a 73 Z1 green and yellow parking both, should be me and my office partner :twisted:
don't forget scream Kawasaki triple and hope I will hear you :P

:clap: Yes I Think that was H2 Simon, JP & the following week before I had read the thread & did not know you at the time I was there also with my family & we saw your white 69 H1 parked near Eiffel Tower :thumbup: Next time I will either shout Kawasaki Triple or sing an Elvis number very loud :lol: