Kawi2strokes.com Forum

Enthusiasts from around the world dedicated to the preservation and ritual flogging of the infamous Kawasaki 2-stroke Triples
It is currently Thu May 09, 2024 9:46 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:09 am 

Location: Barbados, a tiny island in the Caribbean 166 square miles
I can't wait!!!!!!! woop, woop, woop!!!! :e12 :thumbup: :-D Let the fun begin!! :clap:

I have everything organised now, flights, pick up from motel, bunk at headquarters, and a bike to ride. :D Just need to book a motel and get a ride back to the airport on Saturday 5th May.

"I tried to restrain myself, but I escaped." ;-)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:55 am 

You're goning to have a BLAST Lisa. Good book is goodness too - I always have a couple of at least one with 1000 pages. Game of Thrones, any of the Steg Larson books (do them in order though). Scifi - I suggest chronicles of Amber. ah soooooo many books!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:00 am 

EVERYTHING is now organised! Barry, I plan on bringing my Kindle to read on the LOOOOOOOOOOOONG waits while travelling.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:21 am 

Kindles are great until they stop working!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 12:07 pm 

Leanings...1, 2 and I think there's a 3 coming out.

Years ago I was never a fan of Egan; his propensity to name drop was shabby. But I've since read Leanings and have Leanings 2 to start. Good stuff if you can get over how full of himself he sometimes gets. Now I have to go, Nick Saban and I have lunch and a round of golf with the President of Lockheed Martin Missile Systems this afternoon.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 12:50 pm 

Lisa, one of the local things I am now putting together for this summer, is a car club for older cars/hot rods/muscle cars, and a separate Japanese/European Motorcycle Club.

One thing I want for the bikes is weekend rides to places like Alice;s, explore, Gold Country, any place that can be easily ridden to on a weekend. If you ever get near here, do come ride with us, I have many extra motorcycles to ride on these trips, and you would be welcome to use one. There is also extra space here to stay in the house, so, no problem putting you, and a few more up, if needed.

I like the rides porschedave does in his area, with his various rides during the year. Might have to make it a plan to connect with his group/rides a couple of times in the summer, for sure.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 2:46 pm 

It's always a good time ! H2 is in pieces, ouch lol

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 8:58 pm 

Lisa......I took the liberty of updating the title to your post here to reflect the actual number of days until the Gap....of course it's only good for today isn't it.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:25 pm 

[quote="H2RTuner"]Lisa, one of the local things I am now putting together for this summer, is a car club for older cars/hot rods/muscle cars, and a separate Japanese/European Motorcycle Club.

One thing I want for the bikes is weekend rides to places like Alice;s, explore, Gold Country, any place that can be easily ridden to on a weekend. If you ever get near here, do come ride with us, I have many extra motorcycles to ride on these trips, and you would be welcome to use one. There is also extra space here to stay in the house, so, no problem putting you, and a few more up, if needed.

I like the rides porschedave does in his area, with his various rides during the year. Might have to make it a plan to connect with his group/rides a couple of times in the summer, for sure.[/quote

Somehow I seemed to have missed this post....... H2RTuner, I have a friend who recently moved to Nevada, she is a m/c freak too and has a Beemer, a sweet looking burnt orange / bronze dual sport. Who knows, maybe one day I'll visit her and see if I can pop in by you.

And Ric....... it's ELEVEN (11) more days and then it's FUN TIME!!! ROLLLLLLLLL TIDEEEEE! :wave: :thumbup: :D :lol: :clap: :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 4:54 pm 

kx85 wrote:
And Ric....... ROLLLLLLLLL TIDEEEEE!

PLEASE don't encourage him with the Tide stuff :shh: