Kawi2strokes.com Forum

Enthusiasts from around the world dedicated to the preservation and ritual flogging of the infamous Kawasaki 2-stroke Triples
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:33 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 7:06 pm 

I decided last night to take the RGV250 to the 2 stroke show. So glad I did, had a great time. Jay Leno showed up and parked right next to
me and Rodney. As soon as he took his helmet off he came over a talked about my bike and all the title wows. He, like so many others had
seen my listing on ebay. He was on a real cool old 2 stroke, no idea of what it was. Rodney got best restoration to and Mike C. was there also.
Made some new friends and have a guy that my have another option for my title nightmare. Everyone liked my bike and so many said I should keep it and not give up. Here's the video link and pictures.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HJOtWa-

http://s452.photobucket.com/user/ferrar ... sens%20Dam

i9bcImage

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 9:56 pm 

If the bike he rode in on is the one he is holding in the picture, it is a rare bike, indeed. 1937 or so English Scott Flying Squirrel two stroke twin.

Nice that you got to meet Jay, he is great troops, and that you at least, got the bike out and into the sun, even if it was on the truck to get to and from there. I am sure he was also interested in your working on Ferrari's as well.

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 10:21 pm 

I met Jay the first time back in the mid 90's when I had my 70 Challenger T/A. There was a big Mopar show every April in Van Nuys at Woodley
park. He would always show up in a cool mopar. One year he had his Chrysler Turbine, such a great car. Rodney got a great picture with him today,
maybe he will post it. It was a great day and was nice to hear all the nice comments about my bike. This is the best picture I have of Jay's bike.
I think it did say Squirrel on the tank.

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 10:48 pm 

Thanks for posting the photos.
How far away did those guys come from?

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 12:04 am 

Very nice day at the show. Couldnt believe how many people knew about Ron's RGV it was like he was a rock star. Also, Jay is looking to buy an early H2. I almost offered him mine for the right price!

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 7:15 am 

Scott would have been an aluminum parallel two stroke twin, with both oil pump and liquid cooled. The engine would not have had a water pump, they were "thermo-syphon" circulated. That is why the radiator is mounted so high above the engine.

I've done a lot of distributor work for Jay for many of his cars over the decades, fantastic fellow. One day at the anniversary of a South Bay motorcycle store, Century Cycle, he and I ended up under his Stanley Steamer he drove there, it "condensed", where you have to "lightly massage" the steam pipes under the thing with a rubber mallet. Never a dull moment when Jay is around

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 7:40 am 

awesome post!!!!! :thumbup:

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 9:17 am 

:clap: How cool is that! Thanks for posting this Ron! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 4:37 pm 

Very cool!

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2016 7:13 am 

Sounds like you had a great time. Did you take the video down? I'm getting a "does not exist" message... :?: