Kawi2strokes.com Forum

Enthusiasts from around the world dedicated to the preservation and ritual flogging of the infamous Kawasaki 2-stroke Triples
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 2:18 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2016 10:23 am 

The point I was making is,we all differ in a lot of ways, and completely agree on others, no foul. I am of the school that if the two strokes had the same additions the new bikes have, as Lane outlined, I doubt there would be a great difference between them all.

Key is, if you like the new bikes, go watch 'em race at Daytona, enjoy. Me, I'll pass that one up.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2016 8:21 pm 

Gosh, I just wondered if anyone was going to take in the 75TH Daytona bike week??

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2016 10:13 pm 

I'd like to go , but it's just a bit far away for me.........! (Don't worry about us old blokes and our rambling threads!!) :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2016 10:56 pm 

Yes, sir, just go and have fun, enjoy. It isn't just the racing at the speedway, it used to be a complete week of all sorts of fun stuff to do away from the race track, and I would think it hasn't calmed down since I used to attend.

Old racers used to do stuff like see who could park their rental cars as far into the ocean as they could, driving off the highway, through the drive through at the hotel, and straight into the water. Then, there was strategically parking the rental car with the side that had all the doors duct taped back on, away form the office window upon return. then, there were bike shows, cruises, and billions of folks just there to have a great time.

I doubt any of that has changed, except maybe for the rental car water parking.

Go have fun.

One year when I was there with Cornwell and Salaverria, a bunch of us rented a 5 bedroom house to stay in for the full week, a bunch less money than renting a bunch of rooms for the full week, a lot quieter too, and we had a few of the AMA and other factory race guys and officials stay with us.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2016 5:15 am 

no more interest for me but have a great days those who will going 8-)