Kawi2strokes.com Forum

Enthusiasts from around the world dedicated to the preservation and ritual flogging of the infamous Kawasaki 2-stroke Triples
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:26 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2015 11:13 am 

http://www.mazdaraceway.com/fim-superbike-world-championship

And last year for this race, on Saturday they closed off Cannery Row to motorcycles only, like they used to for the Moto GP race (no longer held at the raceway). So plan to bring your bikes down on the Row Sat July 9th, and if you plan to book a room in the area, do it early because they fill up promptly.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 1:02 am 

http://canneryrow.com/experience/events/

July 2016: Race Night on the Row
5 – 11:00 PM

RACE NIGHT ON THE ROW IS BACK FOR ITS 19TH YEAR

After a day of racing at the FIM Superbike World Championship, motorcycle enthusiasts from around the world come together to celebrate at the area’s most popular after party on Cannery Row, known for its endless fun and entertainment. More than 5,000 riders will show off their bikes and once the row is filled, the party begins.

Motorcyclists, and those who share an appreciation for bikes, are invited to Race Night on the Row to view thousands of pristine race bikes from around the world on display, and enjoy the flavorful cuisine of the many restaurants and clubs lining Cannery Row. This event is free.

Last edited by kawi3cyl on Thu Jun 02, 2016 4:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 9:43 am 

We will be heading out from the East Coast once again for the race and Saturday Night on Cannery Row. We won't be shipping a bike out, and will most likely rent one. It was too much hassle and money shipping the Norton out there. Hope to see some Triples lined up again on Cannery Row.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 11:42 am 

I will be there.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 6:43 pm 

I'd go just for the Cannery Row event, as Super Bike racing doesn't appeal at all to me, MotoGP, YUP, I'd go.

Have fun there, everybody.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 9:11 pm 

ktmguy wrote:
Hope to see some Triples lined up again on Cannery Row.

H1FR wrote:
I will be there.

And I already booked a room nearby for Saturday overnight, so I'll see you guys that day. :wave:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 3:13 pm 

From 2013:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 4:55 pm 

kawi3cyl wrote:
ktmguy wrote:

H1FR wrote:
I will be there.

And I already booked a room nearby for Saturday overnight, so I'll see you guys that day. :wave:

That is my Norton parked next to you guys in 2013. I'll keep an eye out for the Triples this year and say hello. We fly out this Friday for 2 weeks on the Left Coast and I am psyched!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 11:49 pm 

ktmguy wrote:
kawi3cyl wrote:
ktmguy wrote:

H1FR wrote:
I will be there.

That is my Norton parked next to you guys in 2013. I'll keep an eye out for the Triples this year and say hello. We fly out this Friday for 2 weeks on the Left Coast and I am psyched!

Yeah, it's always a BLAST hanging out on the Row for this event...minus the lawful scolding that is... :thumbdown:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 11:13 pm 

Any other Bay Area guys going to be free tomorrow (Sat), haul or ride your Triple to Cannery Row and hang with me, Danny and his buddy Andy. Let's have a better turn out than just 3 at this point... :think: