Kawi2strokes.com Forum

Enthusiasts from around the world dedicated to the preservation and ritual flogging of the infamous Kawasaki 2-stroke Triples
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:33 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 3:48 pm 

I am also one of those people that, from waist down, is height challenged, just plain short legs. Here at my home and shop, I built a pair of "step ups", one on each side of the bikes that are too high for me to kick start with a foot on the ground, works great, but, isn't portable.

For my SR500 hot rod street rod Thumper with SR600 engine in it, I have taken the chances to sit the bike on its side stand (center stand long gone), and propped myself up on the left peg, kicked with right foot, and prayed the stand/bolt didn't break. For this, I have devised a whole bunch of areas I can park at places, right next to a curb of some sort on my left side, giving me a somewhat higher foot rest for starting.

Hey, it lets me ride my tall bikes, not a bad deal.

Got up in the middle of the night to do some revision on a race engine design, and saw the day come up, cloudy, overcast, drizzly, and just up the mountains around me, SNOW. My place is about 4,500 feet, 80 miles south-east of Reno, 40 miles east, over the tops of 3 small mountain ranges, from Cartoon City. It just might be getting to be snowmobile time of year soon. If it gets snowy enough, I will be able to drive the Sno-Cat into town and back, 8 miles each way.

It is sure a lot nicer, and a lot more fun here, than it was in Los Angeles, I am soooo-OOO happy I escaped Kalifornia.