Kawi2strokes.com Forum

Enthusiasts from around the world dedicated to the preservation and ritual flogging of the infamous Kawasaki 2-stroke Triples
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:04 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Re: Back from the Gap !
PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 7:48 pm 

nitrouscarl wrote:
Back from the Gap and I think a great time was had by all. We had great weather all week with a few spotty showers towards the end with perfect temperatures for riding. Had an awesome ceremony for Dale and many thanks for the excellent resource site we have. I would like to thank Ric and Barry and all who donated parts for the DT 250, my boys had a blast working on it and I hope you all enjoyed the show ! We will start a thread and post the progress on it. I sure missed a lot or the regulars though and hope you all can make it next year, Joe, Cody, Shane, Evans (really left a big hole in the band) and I apologize, if I left anyone out. My boys had an awesome time for their first trip to the Gap and I know they will be back ! I was worried about their limited amount of street riding experience, but their riding was superb. I can only hope they will help to keep this thing going long after many of us are gone and help to keep the 2-strokes alive. Thanks again to those that make this event happen and who participate. I can hardly wait untill next year !! :clap: :clap: :clap:

A couple good men you have there Carl; I was impressed with both of them.
.......where most bike groups eventually die out; we have promise in having a few young people involved.

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 8:11 pm 

As always, I had a great time. I too enjoyed the progress Carl's boys made. It was a treat to be a part of that. What great boys they are. The red beans and rice were superb. I think Lane made the tuna and pasta salad which was great too. I am not sure who made the brownies, but also good. The only injury I suffered was blistered hands from too much riding (if there is such a thing) with a death grip. Buddy lead some of us to a new spot on the lake with a swimming area that was beautiful. Funny thing, you get on these bike on these windey roads and you are 16 years old again. Jeff brought us all a bottle opener besides making the shirts. Jim's home brew was superb. Crazy guys on mini-bikes, on-and-on. It was just great. See you next year.

75 H1
78 CB400II Hawk
78 KE175

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 8:16 pm 

yup, was a great week. i lowsided due to rider error.. just got back from doctor and have a fractured right wrist. still.. a great week and the first street wreck i have ever had.

we left a day early after shelly rescued me which was a good thing, as i was certainly not good to drive (just exhausted).

she rode the triumph for many hrs in the rain to get me. :thumbup: ie:save my ass. much awesome

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 9:15 pm 

Mark,
Glad you made it home okay. I don't even remember you complaining about the wrist? I guess the road-rash(es) drew more immediate attention.

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 9:27 pm 

Wow Mark, sorry about the injury. Heal quickly.

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 11:04 pm 

All I have to say is BOOM!... :lol: ..again. What a great time with all you guys. Thanks to Chuck for riding us up in style in his birthday present, a new truck with a/c and new trailer tires. We even had electric windows... :crazy:
A big thanks to Chris and Jason (hope your healing well) for letting me crash in their room and also for Ricky and Ric for letting me crash in the top bunk for a night ( we even watched Family guy until Ricky fell asleep with the remote in his hand...go to bed already!).
Had a fun ride with Ric and Frank down to Robbinsville for lunch and watched Frank take wicked turns while shaving... :lol:
Took a ride into Knoxville with Nitrouscarl his boys and Bill and checked out that Tuesday night bike show at The Tea Room...Cool place. Chuck rode with Jim K but they both got a free shower on the way back riding thru the Dragon at night. They must of had an angel leading their way...it was a pretty bad storm... :crazy:
Oh yea....Nitrouscarl took us up thru Joyce Kilmer for a pretty cool ride with some great sites and then the guys had a downhill race with their engines off. Even Long Island Russ showed up (ayy ohh what the fk).
Went down to Topoco for lunch with Mark, Shelly, John, Mark(thanks for the .25cent tip) and their friends. I actually got a job offer making pizzas with Tiny...go figure.
Had a Blast riding go carts. shooting roman candles at each other and at the gas pump and Frank (woops)with Jim, Canadian Dale (what a nut...eh oh), SuperDave (who can spit and talk at the same time), and crazy Barry and his wheelie machine.
We also took a ride up the Dragon on freakin gocarts... :crazy: at midnite and saw UFO's (or was it Superdave again). That was wild.
Heal fast Mark and Jason and hope those bug bites heal up on your arms Barry (thanks for tweeking my go cart).
Tim Steele...thanks again for that wicked something drink that put more hair on my back and for some great conversations.
I also had a nice conversation with Sam (he's cool) until I fell asleep. I thought I could talk a lot...just kidding. He needs to write a book, he's got some great stories (like the time back in 67 when we raided the mess hall...)... :lol:

No one would ever believe what goes on there....All I can say is" What goes on at the Gap, stays at the Gap"...until next year.

Stay well everybody...
Charlie...(what dynamite?)

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 7:17 am 

Great stories there Charlie, I think it was another great week for all.

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 9:25 am 

m in sc wrote:

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
That is one of the best photos I've ever seen (my new avatar!)

Glad you weren't seriously hurt dude!!

How's the bike? :shock:

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 12:14 pm 

Charlie,
Thanks for the stories and humor. I had a great time with one and all. Already looking forward to the next meet and maybe a Barber's trip later this summer.
Just for future reference and to avoid some of the confusion with all of the "Ricks", "Marks" and other like-named individuals, please refer to leader/organizer Rick as "Ric"; I'm "the other Rick", "v4rick" or just plain ole "Rick". Neither of us has used any form of Rickey for a long time.
Any more stories or mentions, please post them. Besides the good times, good memories are what it's all about.

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 10:06 am 

Great roads. Great riding with my friends. Great weather. Great food. Great beer tasting. Great midnight conversations. Already looking forward to next year. Y'all are the best. :thumbup: :thumbup: