Kawi2strokes.com Forum

Enthusiasts from around the world dedicated to the preservation and ritual flogging of the infamous Kawasaki 2-stroke Triples
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:34 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: SF Bay area ride?
PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 5:34 pm 

Which one is the stadium parking lot? I often play sand volleyball near the ford center plaza, is it around there? my clutch inner blew on sunday i hope the replacement will be home tonight!!

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 9:36 pm 

Entrance from Galvez Street if I recall. You can't miss the stadium.

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2015 10:30 am 

Great! Just fixed the clutch will leave San Fran at 9. Please pm me a number I can call you n case I can't find people.

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2015 10:36 am 

Had a great time riding with the guys up north. My Go-pro battery died so no video this year. My first time up to Alice's and food
was great too. Only five of us but we smoke out the area good :thumbup:

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2015 10:56 am 

Beautiful weather, and fun riding with Dave, Rhon, Danny, Arne. Any yes, the food actually is pretty tasty at Alice's, and of course the great relaxed atmosphere of the place.

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2015 11:50 pm 

Thanks Darrin, Arne, Danny and Ron especially coming all the way up from SoCal for riding with me Saturday. It was a nice day and the bikes ran good.
That was a really nice road to Pescadero. Lots of Police and they didnt follow us? Passing cars and The short race we did past the Sheriff in Pescadero ! Im glad the bikes ran well and I got to ride Rons little Suzuki , See Arnes really cool 71 and the H2 with the Tesla Motors Electronics ran smooth. See you guys next time.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 10:40 am 

What a great meet up! Awesome meeting most of you for the first time. Took a quick vid of the H2s revving up.

https://youtu.be/ONhQpAUflsM

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 12:11 pm 

Alice's is a great place to eat. I have seen that parking lot chock full of bikes on various Saturdays and Sundays some decades ago. If I remember correctly, corner of Skylonda Drive / Hwy. 9, and Hwy. 84, parking lot was in front of a real estate office.

You guys must have had a great ride there, it was always good for me.

One Sunday in particular, the first one I ever rode up there, I was breaking in Harry Klinzmann's TZ750 for Daytona (full race gear, NO lights, registration, full slicks, etc.), and did not know Alice's, nor the population of motorcyclists were even there, and blew through the place about 120 mph. Upon reflection, I, and others were just plain lucky nobody was in the intersection when I blasted through it. My cohort that was helping me never told me there were places along the road where people gathered, I had NO idea.

It was not known that just past those trees in the pictures about 1/4 mile, the road makes a 90 degree turn to the right. The brakes worked excellent, too. I turned around, came back to Alice's, and parked the bike leaning against the flag pole. This garnered complete and total attention from just about everyone. Someone wanted to know where the "low flying airplane that had just buzzed the place" went, and if it had crashed. My pal came up finally in my truck, asking if anyone / I had been killed in the wreck.

I visited Alice's many times after that, riding my street H2 hot rod, always a pleasure, and, great motorcycle people there.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 4:50 pm 

Ripping past there on a TZ750? damn i wish i could have witnessed that.

FYI, Dave, here some pics of the ignition and the rubbing compound i used yesterday to mate the surfaces better.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 6:04 pm 

Arne, is this the same as your cdi ignition?
http://www.powerdynamo.biz/eng/systems/7163/7163main.htm

I was also considering their kit for my 72 S2 points ignition.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next