Kawi2strokes.com Forum

Enthusiasts from around the world dedicated to the preservation and ritual flogging of the infamous Kawasaki 2-stroke Triples
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:36 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 93 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 6:40 pm 

Jim wrote:
Congratulations on the Pacific Coast, Cody. As we get older, our tastes do change.

:P

Yeah... the day I got home from transferring the title, the AARP literature showed up in the mailbox.

Coincidence?

I think not.

And while it's supposed to be able to do do 200 miles between fuel stops, I find myself having to stop to go pee more often while riding this thing? Wierd?

I don't know why, but the PC has always been on the "have to try it" list. I've owned a number of Honda's "U.S. Sales Failures" (VF1000R, VT1000R Superhawk, Transalp, NX650, CX500 Turbo) and figured I'd see if this thing really was as boring as all of the hype.

It is...and then some...and then add some more...compounded...to infiniti.

and beyond

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 7:14 pm 

You know it's coming. After all, Mark bought that Gold Wing.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 9:12 pm 

scrambler73 wrote:
Jim wrote:
Congratulations on the Pacific Coast, Cody. As we get older, our tastes do change.

:P

Yeah... the day I got home from transferring the title, the AARP literature showed up in the mailbox.

Coincidence?

I think not.

And while it's supposed to be able to do do 200 miles between fuel stops, I find myself having to stop to go pee more often while riding this thing? Wierd?

I don't know why, but the PC has always been on the "have to try it" list. I've owned a number of Honda's "U.S. Sales Failures" (VF1000R, VT1000R Superhawk, Transalp, NX650, CX500 Turbo) and figured I'd see if this thing really was as boring as all of the hype.

It is...and then some...and then add some more...compounded...to infiniti.

and beyond

Be careful not to drop a spark plug inside the plastic. :shock:

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 9:37 pm 

What is that big bulbous "thing" on the front wheel??? :shock:

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 10:02 pm 

So your selling your triple projects , to buy a Pacific coast bike or whatever that is ..
There may need to be a intervention here... JMHO :banghead :D :D :D :D :D

1976 KV 75

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 10:29 pm 

RODH2 wrote:
What is that big bulbous "thing" on the front wheel??? :shock:

I have no idea what the thought is behind it. I know that I just had it all apart to install a new front tire and EBC HH brake pads and it was a pain in the butt.

JohnnyO wrote:
So your selling your triple projects , to buy a Pacific coast bike or whatever that is ..
There may need to be a intervention here... JMHO :banghead :D :D :D :D :D

Yep. I'm selling my triples and getting into Pacific Coasts now. That is where the "fun" is. :thumbup:

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 6:53 am 

I know how you feel Cody, I bought the Gold Wing Buddy posted about. It doesn't have luggage, though. Talk to Dofin and he will tell you how to tow a motorcycle trailer with your PC....

Lane

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 7:34 am 

Well, this IS a Triples forum, and I certainly respect what people are doing on bikes, but, for the sake of a cheap laugh, I would rather travel by an "aluminium tube" (plane) than some of these Big, heavy, cumbersome, slow bikes they have these days!!!! :lol: :roll:

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 8:23 am 

rngdng wrote:
I know how you feel Cody, I bought the Gold Wing Buddy posted about. It doesn't have luggage, though. Talk to Dofin and he will tell you how to tow a motorcycle trailer with your PC....

Lane

I almost bought a '75 Gold Wing, as I think they are a pretty bike and it's something my wife would ride, but on my "push button" bikes, I'd rather not be bothered by any sort of "maintenance".... :lol: Old Wings can be as maintenance hungry as a triple.

This stupid thing has shaft drive and hydraulic lifters. I don't even think it needs oil or coolant? There is so much plastic covering it, I'm afraid to explore where I'm supposed to check that stuff...

I only know where the fuel goes because the guy showed me... :thumbup:

and someone needs to post a pic of Dofins tow truck.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 12:18 pm 

I used to have a picture of it, but I can't find it now....

Lane

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 93 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next