Kawi2strokes.com Forum

Enthusiasts from around the world dedicated to the preservation and ritual flogging of the infamous Kawasaki 2-stroke Triples
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:22 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2015 9:29 am 

Maybe he's using case reeds and can put extra transfer ports where the intake port was, but he hasn't told us.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2015 10:22 am 

DBCF wrote:
It will sound good for a minute. .........

:lol: yeah, but it will be an awesome minute!

Big block 3 cylinder sled engines (Thundercat 900 and 1000 for example) are quite happy making WAAAAAY over 200 Horsepower at under 10000RPM

What is the motivation for spinning the engine so high????

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2015 7:08 pm 

There is no particular reason why i would rev it over eleven grand only that it could and to see how the balance works out. My other motor revs out to near ten all the time and it hasent looked like blowing up yet but you have to hold on fairly hard . I will be disappointed if it doesn,t . As far as transfers go a lot wider on the sides and a new one up the back between the reeds and the barrel . The direction of these ports i believe is the most critical thing you can do to acheive good spread of hp . kwacka karl ......ozz :ugeek:

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2015 5:08 am 

I am really looking forward to seeing the dyno sheet when this engine is ready.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 12:14 pm 

jyrgNorway wrote:
I am really looking forward to seeing the dyno sheet when this engine is ready.

im looking foprward to seeing yours when you put the new heads on

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 4:31 pm 

Thought so.
Passed 125 rwhp today with my new heads, and that cant be too bad since I lowered the cranking pressure by 10 psi. (125-130)

I intentionally wanted them that way as I have been struggling bad with deto on full throttle when hot engine. No signs of deto today, in fifth gear dyno runs without cooling. So, I may have been too conservative regarding head volume, and perhaps aiming for 140-145 psi should have been better. Maybe even more. My bad.

But anyway, first dyno run after I changed the heads gave a bit more hp on top, but lost a couple hp in mid range. Did not jet or adjust ign timing.

I feel comfortable saying the heads made by John Aylor really solved my detonation problems, and power stayed almost the same even if comp was lowered 10 psi.
125-130 is very low, but still they produce power.

Below is the comparison between before and after changing the heads. I still have 0,3mm more I can deck the cylinders, for 7-8 more psi comp and faster squish. But I will now run my caferacer as is this season.

And Henry: You must put your bike on the dyno again, and show us some results. 130 rwhp at 7000 rpm with Higgspeed and your old heads, should give 150-160 rwhp with better peak power pipes and your new heads. I got 105 as best with my higgspeed, about 17,5 hp less than I got with Jollymoto, TNT and Figaroli.
Can't wait.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 2:11 pm 

Jorg
Unfortunatly the nearest dyno is a 10 hour drive away and i dont want to spend any more money on something that i already know is too powerfull for me. all my friends know what a crap rider i am and lucky that it has not killed me yet.
The goal for my bike was to make something that was supposed to fail but aparently worked very well.

FYI i use Ralphs heads, 145- 150 cranking pressure and no detonation and the sound is awsume.

btw your bike is the bollox.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 8:41 pm 

That dyno chart is very impressive it climes the same as mine but a lot more power i stopped at 90 that was to much for a h2 frame . Whats why i built the h2r i don,t know how you could handle 125 or more with a stock frame . :geek: kwacka karl ozz...

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 9:35 pm 

By the way what size carbs are you blokes running .kwacka karl ozz.. :ugeek:

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 3:14 am 

Hi Karl

It's a H2B-frame. It is WAY better than 72/73 frame, feels a lot stiffer.

Alubox swinger with needle bearings, same length as early H2. Better rear shocks. Air pressurized front fork with progressive springs. 18 inch wheels, radial tyres, 160 rear. Lifted 15mm rear end, lowered 25mm front. Tapered bearings in steering column. Double front disc brake. 1,5 steeper rake than early H2.
The bike handles 1000 times better than a stock early H2, and NEVER whobbles......... so far. Have not tried the bike with all that power so far, too much snow here. Had 95 rwhp last season, and that was within my "comfort zone".
I think she will handle the new set-up.

Here she is, if you have not seen her:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next