Kawi2strokes.com Forum

Enthusiasts from around the world dedicated to the preservation and ritual flogging of the infamous Kawasaki 2-stroke Triples
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:23 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Re: Rear shocks
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 2:09 am 

two-stroke-brit wrote:
RODH2 wrote:
Jim wrote:
Rod, I got 14.2" Hagons for my H2 this spring and the length seems really good for my setup.

Thanks, Jim, I think a call to Mr Quinn is in order. I'm about 170 lbs ready to ride, you think the 90 lb springs are the go?? Actually, I wish they still made the old black and yellow S&W's, they did the job, back in the day!

wow 170lbs fully dressed, i guess its back to weight watchers for me :thumbdown: :D

Yeah, but I'm only 4'6" tall........................... :lol:

Post subject: Re: Rear shocks
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 2:14 am 

Jim wrote:
Rod, Here's what happened:

1. The guys on the board said Dave Quinn tends to spring them a bit on the heavy side, tell him you're lighter than you are.

2. I told him my fully dressed weight is 175 (actually about 195)

3. Dave suggested 100 lb/in springs, but called later that day to day he was out of them, did I want to try 90 or 110?

4. I chose 90.

5. The 90s give me about 19.5% static compression (shooting for 20%-40%)

6. I stuck with the 90s because they feel good, and don't bottom out when I have a passenger and hit a bump.

If your weight is 170, I'd say you need the 78 lb/in springs. As far as the soft or medium bodies, Dave will have to advise. I *think* I have medium bodies. If Dave advises heavier springs, you're welcome to tell him my story. You do get two free spring exchanges, but shipping would obviously make that a bit of a drag.

Thanks for that, Jim, that will certainly give me something to work with. Actually, half of this bike is made in Japan, and half is made in the U.S.A. :lol: Cheers!