Kawi2strokes.com Forum

Enthusiasts from around the world dedicated to the preservation and ritual flogging of the infamous Kawasaki 2-stroke Triples
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:03 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 7:18 am 

Jim C wrote:
Like the barn wasn't enough…. :o

I meant bike projects... :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 9:41 am 

OK, everybody else is right, and once again, I am made out to be the bad guy for having 45 plus years of experience with the very stuff I am told I have NO clue about.

OP, please continue to post your pictures of this build, the "fight" referred to isn't your fault, all this is only Cody doing what he insists on doing every time I post anything, no mater the topic, 'flame and defame Dave'.

Cody, I have no idea why you hate me so much that you post your vitriol on every post I make, but 1, it is well past old, and 2, it needs to stop in its tracks, right now, because it does not help the triples community. Get mental health on this, you are, and have been way out of control in defaming me for some time now.

As far as the front end, FACT, this front end has significantly less parts than a telescopic front end, with less cost to manufacture. It also has been used, and discarded by a number of manufacturers, in favor of the telescopic front ends, for that same amount of decades. Ask yourself, if a factory found a good design front end, such as this one, and it had less parts to manufacture, for less cost, why would they change it to something else that works worse, and, costs more?

If this design were so good over everything else, then, we would all be riding bikes, in all forms (street, dirt, all racing), with this design, including bicycles, and not even batting an eye when the bike came new with it fitted. If this were the case, EVERY bike would have this front end on it, here's a clue, they don't.

Now, I would very much like to see the pictures of this build, not to criticize, but to comment, intelligently, exactly like any and everyone else has the opportunity to do on this site, including my key detractor, Cody.

As I have said all along, this build is nice, the builder is good, has great fabrication skills, and it is interesting, but, from knowing the front end being used, I strongly disagree that it will be the end all it has been made out to be.

And, the larger question, Cody, just how many motorcycles have you ever owned, and/or own right now, that has this type of fork installed on it, OEM, or added later? How many have you ever ridden with this type front suspension on it, sir???

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 9:57 pm 

Tuner Wins.

I bow out.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2014 2:53 am 

Well, having stirred up some controversy, I'm afraid that due to this;

...I'll not be working on this any time soon...

:cry:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2014 4:02 am 

Jebus that looks painful!! :shock:
All the best with the recovery so you can get going on this project! It looks like you have some time to scheme though.

http://kawatriple.com/wtf/

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2014 7:56 am 

Wow
Sorry to see how serious your injuries are; best wishes on the recovery

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2014 10:24 am 

Man, that is not a good thing to have happened. I can commiserate with you, that ain't no fun at all.

Cody, when you post your utter hate, NOBODY wins, sir.

A question for Cody, and, only Cody, please, in two parts. This is NOT to 'stir the pot', but to further educate others.

The front end design in question does excel in one, and only one form of racing

Which form?

Why?

Thank you for your answer, sir.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2014 10:48 am 

For Pete's sake!!!
Unless it is known that this particular design is dangerous what the heck is the point here???
Sure it's more expensive to make and I'm sure there are allot of other good reasons to abandon the design on production bikes but so far the arguments are that it's not a superior design... So what!!
I could use the same analogy for twin rear shocks, since most modern bikes now use a mono shock.
The OP has a pretty cool project going on and it's been highjacked as a platform for a pissing contest!
Open another thread or pm the BS! Please and thank you!

http://kawatriple.com/wtf/

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2014 10:50 am 

[quote="M6NTL"]Well, having stirred up some controversy, I'm afraid that due to this;

thats the best barry sheene impression i have seen in along while :o ,

hope you heal quickly :thumbup:

73 KAWASAKI H1 (Sold).
82 YAMAHA RD350LC
2000 KAWI KDX200H
2001 Triumph TT600

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2014 11:50 am 
Site Admin

Time to stop Dave........... :banghead

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next