Kawi2strokes.com Forum

Enthusiasts from around the world dedicated to the preservation and ritual flogging of the infamous Kawasaki 2-stroke Triples
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:48 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 147 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
 Post subject: Re: H2 flatspot issues
PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 6:44 pm 

With your "hot" top end, what is your cold cranking psi again h2B?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2015 1:16 am 

165psi and they deto like hell on pipe (stock iggy yet) so i have to run stock heads (140psi on same gauge) need new heads! :banghead

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2015 6:55 pm 

With that exh duration you don't need new heads. Just take 1/2 cc out of the combustion chamber and re measure. 155psi will be ok with that duration. If you have a STOCK CDI set spark at 2.9 mm btdc at first. Keep the squish good and do not be afraid to give it some fuel.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2015 12:35 am 

Agreed! 155psi should be good but heads are a oldschool doublesquish design. So i think i will go for a more modern design when i send them for machining. Will do a test with 165psi first as a got some racefuel i can blend in to prevent deto.. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2015 1:56 pm 

Neville Lush wrote:
With that exh duration you don't need new heads. Just take 1/2 cc out of the combustion chamber and re measure. 155psi will be ok with that duration. If you have a STOCK CDI set spark at 2.9 mm btdc at first. Keep the squish good and do not be afraid to give it some fuel.
Measured comp.ratio today with a syringe, cyl. and head bolted together with gasket on the bench, piston at tdc. (deckhight 0,6mm.) and got 16,15:1 cr!! :shock: (Displacement 259,95cc+17,154cc comp.vol. diveded with 17,154 =16,15:1) So now i know why i have some deto.. :lol: 3cc more headvolume will be 13,9:1cr should be alright or?? What's stock cr. anyway?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2015 2:03 pm 

You're measuring the whole stroke. 2-stroke compression is normally "effective compression", measured from the top of the exhaust port, and stock is 7:1.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2015 2:29 pm 

Jim wrote:
You're measuring the whole stroke. 2-stroke compression is normally "effective compression", measured from the top of the exhaust port, and stock is 7:1.
Correct Jim! And my "trapped" cr. is 8,55:1 way to much! And when bike is "on pipe" the return pulse will "close" ex.port and than i got 16,15:1.. :banghead

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2015 2:36 pm 

It doesn't quite work like that, but yes, when you're on the pipe, pressures go up.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2015 6:50 pm 

16.54 is roughly where the hottest over the counter Denco drag heads were, so it will run great for 9 seconds on race fuel. I have to say I believe it IS, very important to know the comp ratio proper. So yes the "corrected" ratio may have some value, but I have not been able to find it yet. How does this work on a power valve engine I ask? My KTM has a compression ratio of "oh well 6.5 to 8.2 :1 " Measure your cylinder with a stock head and squish. You have had a rebore or two as well. I had an engine 20 yrs ago with the denco heads and 202 exh duration, no idea what "trapped" compression. I was running it on methanol , which is 140 octane when jetted correctly. The engine would detonate after about 5 minutes of use. I measured it at 16.8 CR........ sh!t !!! Let it down to 14:1 and it ran for 5 seasons of roadracing, two sets of rings, thats it . Oh , as a by product it made MORE hp and it was much much easier to push start. Maybe I am missing something ? Here is a variable comp ratio motor. Lower graph is stock, brand new out of the box, upper line is after work.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 2:32 pm 

jyrgNorway wrote:
h2b780 wrote:
Yea, programmable seems to be the right choise here? A zeel should work with any porting,head,pipe configuration. Still intrested in how the mysteri "Nev" box works tho.. JORGEN! Are you happy with your Ebos heads? Whats the pressure reading vs. stock heads?

I have measured my Ebos heads to 2cc (ml) less than stock heads. Upside-down test using burette and plexiglass, with ign plug.
That equals to about 8% less volume in head.
Made for 195-200 ex duration 1.0 - 1,2mm squish clearance.............I think.

Have anybody here done a cc for H2 heads? Or know the stock cc given from Kawasaki?

Reason for asking is that my volume results differ from others, but the measurement is done on 2 different H2 heads.

I got 26cc, while I have seen 28cc readings from others. Not trapped volume above piston at TDC, but the volume of the head itself with the plug inside, so called "upside-down volume measurement.

Jørgen

Jørgen
Measured my stock heads tonight at 28,5cc vs. 23cc for the 16:1 heads. Installed cc on my 780 cyl. is 25cc that means cr. is 11,4:1 and just 6,2:1 trapped.. That in combination with a huge squish (about 1,7mm.) will defently hurt lowend! :thumbdown: Have the 16:1 heads at a local machine shop and they are not used to this kind of work but will try to help me :thumbup: Will try to get a pic. up here tomorrow as i/they need some advise how to cut em.. And measure procedure was same as Jorgens only i used a syringe from the local pharmacy, don't know how accurate they are..

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 147 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next